Author Topic: Corona VR - General Discussion and Help  (Read 29660 times)

2017-04-24, 11:59:52
Reply #15

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi INgenia!

Not sure which of the two you are asking about :) Custom music is something we may look into, it is technically possible I believe. On the other issue, I still don't understand what that is - could you provide a description, or example, of what it is you would like to do as "setting up a map or an arch drawing". ty!
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2017-04-24, 12:31:54
Reply #16

INgenia

• Active Users
  • I only know that I know nothing
    • View Profile

2017-04-24, 12:38:37
Reply #17

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
TY for the example! That one isn't currently possible with CoronaVR - only tested the example in a web browser, so not sure if that is something that works in any VR application at the moment (that is, one where you can view it in stereo on a VR device, vs. a pano you can view in 2D on a web browser).

2017-04-24, 16:44:52
Reply #18

INgenia

• Active Users
    • View Profile
TY for the example! That one isn't currently possible with CoronaVR - only tested the example in a web browser, so not sure if that is something that works in any VR application at the moment (that is, one where you can view it in stereo on a VR device, vs. a pano you can view in 2D on a web browser).

Ok, sandly reply¡ haha. I hope it can be possible in a future, it a feature interesting....
Thanks for the help friends.

2017-04-24, 17:45:26
Reply #19

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Would be hard to do with the active view angle on it in 3D I would think, since it would have to be overlaid in 3D space rather than in 2D. Being accessible to be "looked at" and "clicked on" would be the the other challenge - if it always hovered in the same place no matter where you looked, you could never look at it to click on it!

What would be possible today would be to add it as an actual object to your 3D scene (a 2D plane with the image on it), and you could create warp points on it that would correspond to the location you want to warp to. It wouldn't hover over the 3D space no matter where you looked like this 2D one does, as it would occupy a certain place in the room just as if it was a real object, so not quite the same as what is shown here. It would also have to be large enough to have the warp points clearly separated for ease of use for the user. The downside to that is it would only be seen if looking in that direction, and being an actual object, would obscure whatever was behind it. Just a thought!

2017-04-25, 11:13:50
Reply #20

INgenia

• Active Users
    • View Profile
You are right. It is compliCated.
Many thanks for your "thoughts", they are worths.
regards
« Last Edit: 2017-04-25, 16:47:10 by INgenia »

2017-04-25, 13:30:18
Reply #21

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Most welcome, hope it helped some - if ever you do experiment with such a map or arch-viz plan, I would be interested to see the results :)

2017-04-25, 16:48:34
Reply #22

INgenia

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Most welcome, hope it helped some - if ever you do experiment with such a map or arch-viz plan, I would be interested to see the results :)

You will be the first. ;)

2017-04-25, 17:09:10
Reply #23

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Awesome! I always love all things VR, it is a great experience being "inside" a scene and getting a true sense of space and depth - I am always surprised at just how huge a change it is from viewing a 2D version :) If anything can't be shared publicly, can always send it across to grimes@corona-renderer.com.

2017-05-18, 21:19:57
Reply #24

filipskrzat

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi guys, is there any particular "no no" when saving files,
i have problem with projection in CoronaVR,

screenshot attached

EDIT:
IT LOOKS LIKE CHECKING "Progressive" OPTION WHEN SAVING JPEG KILLS THE FILE
« Last Edit: 2017-05-18, 21:37:36 by filipskrzat »

2017-05-18, 21:32:12
Reply #25

filipskrzat

• Active Users
    • View Profile
When i save image from corona, upload it to my phone and load it in Corona VR application i get black screen. Is there any size limitation or what is proper way to add files?

Phone - OnePlus X with Android 6.0.1
Image size 5000x5000

Edit, 4000x4000 works fine

It is not black in preview .

There's no size limitation, I've loaded up 8K images before. Larger images may take longer to load. Proper way to add files (for now!) is to move them into the Downloads folder on your phone. Do you see a preview of the image in the main CoronaVR menu, or is that black too? If possible to share the image, you can always send it (or link to it) to me at grimes@corona-renderer.com and I can test it out.

Apologies I missed this message earlier!

Thanks!
   Tom
« Last Edit: 2017-05-18, 21:36:51 by filipskrzat »

2017-05-19, 13:40:01
Reply #26

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi filipskrzat!

I believe you are saying that the image is not black in the preview in the menu, but when you view the scene in full, it shows as black? (Not sure as the reply is embedded in the quote)

If that's the case and it is still happening, could you send the problem 5K version of the image and the working 4K version of the image to me at grimes@corona-renderer.com? It will of course be private, for testing and debugging only and not used for anything else or shared/shown in any way, if it is a commercial project for a client for example.

From the phone spec, I take it that this is the Android version of CoronaVR rather than the GearVR version.

Thanks!
   Tom

2017-06-05, 10:11:35
Reply #27

INgenia

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I have the curiosity to know what type of camera you use , and lense or height........

2017-06-05, 20:37:13
Reply #28

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi INgenia,

I am assuming you are asking about the cameras etc in the 3D scene (and not about cameras, lenses and height in a real world photograph set up where you are planning to composite in some CGI)

For camera height, if your scene is real world scale, the height of the camera should be the average human height.

I just use a regular 3ds Max Standard Camera, no need to adjust the lens since the spherical projection of the Corona CameraMod is all that is needed.

Hope this helps!

2017-06-19, 13:18:29
Reply #29

INgenia

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi TomG,
Thanks for your info. I set it up about 1.60 and at the same you, I use regular camera, but I notice if the ceiling is more than 3mt the corners are distorted, I have seen in theviewer anothers works and it does not occur .......

A part of the viewer, where can I share the tours with another people? Thanks