Author Topic: Corona standalone feature requests  (Read 34140 times)

2014-08-19, 22:37:01
Reply #15

elnino

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Website
An RGB Curves node that we could use to tweak the textures or use as an input in place of the IOR in the Fresnel node could be a nice add.

...I'm feeling a bit alone on this thread :D

2014-10-18, 18:05:22
Reply #16

Kramon

• Active Users
    • View Profile
yes agree what status is right now? on standalone?

2014-11-20, 16:26:41
Reply #17

elnino

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Website
Also, Vertex color support could be really useful in Standalone.

2014-12-22, 19:33:31
Reply #18

elnino

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Website
@ Keymaster - Hi another request...

This one is pretty crazy and you will probably not be interested in it, but here it is:
I know you have plans to make a layering system for material creation in the future. So I just want to point that Cycles Renderer is under Apache License, so the code can even be used with commercial softwares.
My request would be to make Corona support Cycles nodes. This way Corona would gain a layering system and for Blender users, we could make our materials with Cycles and take advantage of tthe interactive feedback, then easily convert them to Corona.

I know it's probably not in your interest to make something like this...but anyway...

Kind regards

2015-01-12, 13:22:08
Reply #19

Mz3D

• Active Users
    • View Profile
A User Interface?

2015-02-14, 08:26:10
Reply #20

siadebisi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Keymaster,
i would like to have:

- Mix Curve in the Falloff Map or in general a Mix Curve to Mix Colors like in Corona for 3DSMax / Vray (really really important)
- Composite Map

And the most important of all, the blend layers ;) I know it´s already on the list, but i wanted to ask how long we will have to wait for them ;) Since the full Version is coming, you probably have figured out if you make a bing blend layer with Blend 1 / 2 etc.. like in Vray or keeping it the way it is right now :)

Thank you very much for your awesome render engine! I already regreted buying a GTX 970 when i started Corona and got these nice results within Minutes ;P I would love to use it in Blender in future! :D

Maybe you could figure out a way to get RT working for Blender in a way that only the selected / changed object gets "reloaded" to the Standalone. This way it would be possible to get fast results without reloading the whole scene to the Standalone every time if i want to check another setting :)

2015-02-16, 00:41:19
Reply #21

elnino

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Website
Maybe you could figure out a way to get RT working for Blender in a way that only the selected / changed object gets "reloaded" to the Standalone

The guys from Luxrender are making a pretty fast exporter with C++ acceleration and RT integrated in Blender's viewport. I'd be happy to get something like this with Corona... I hope Keymaster is considering to hire someone to work on the exporter in a more official way. Sadly, ohsnapitjoel seems to have lost the will to work freely on the exporter. :/

2015-02-16, 03:27:01
Reply #22

siadebisi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Sadly, ohsnapitjoel seems to have lost the will to work freely on the exporter. :/

Thats really a problem... :( Hopefully they can work something out...

I have two more requests ;) It would be nice if there would be a converter of Vray- Materials and the possibility to export and import Corona Materials from and into 3DSMax.
The second one would be a "Multi- / Sub- Object" Layer which keeps things organized :)

« Last Edit: 2015-02-16, 03:32:31 by siadebisi »

2016-02-17, 03:13:58
Reply #23

denisgo22

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Exist button save Dump file///
Also If possible to make load from file exr. option for resume early rendering img/
And DR rendering
« Last Edit: 2016-02-17, 03:25:32 by denisgo22 »

2016-02-17, 15:23:42
Reply #24

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yup, Joel is busy, busy, busy... though he kindly supplied version in development for the new B3D exporter (with some extra info).
More here: Blender Artist thread post

2017-06-20, 06:11:39
Reply #25

Binke

• Active Users
    • View Profile
IPR for Standalone, any plans/ETA on that? :) Getting that + getting it integrated into the blender corona plugin by Blanche/Joel would make me abandon cycles, keyshot..renderman and just use Corona..because its just the damn best prettiest render out there imo!

2017-08-10, 11:40:52
Reply #26

j_man

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Minmud
Almost ready to start on a Linux port!

2017-08-10, 14:13:16
Reply #27

j_man

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Minmud
Oh,

Render elements CMasking_Masks and CMasking_WireColor are currently incompatible with the standalone renderer (There might be others).

J.

2018-10-30, 21:19:45
Reply #28

Benjamin_F

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Support for OSL maps and shaders. This way it would be possible to easily replace most of Max's standard maps and use OSL instead, both in Max scenes and in Standalone.
Lot of resources could be saved, you don't have to support and rewrite Max internal maps for Standalone, and it would work with any other DCC which supports OSL. Like Houdini. :D

https://github.com/imageworks/openshadinglanguage#introduction
« Last Edit: 2018-10-30, 21:26:52 by Benjamin_F »

2019-01-02, 17:20:38
Reply #29

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
the OSL is huge thing to add, but we might be able to re-use chaosgroup implementation there... ;)
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)