Author Topic: Scandinavian Apartment  (Read 27674 times)

2015-05-06, 21:13:47
Reply #15

lasse1309

• Active Users
    • View Profile
hi all (wow nice discussion going on)

first of all i think these are just great renders. Honestly I am stunned.

All of you know how hard it is to pull off this kind of quality - technical and design-wise (even though this is a popular style right now)
this faux-scandinavian thing is all over the place - blogs, magazines, shops, ebay, ikea...
so if you do something popular and do it with perfection (or at least better than the others) all respect to you! :D
"be the first or be the best"

You all also know that there is more to a good image than just random furniture from dc, em etc and some funky thrown md blankets -

I am not able to cheer this images like I did with the images from Lasse Rode ( for example) from xoio or Bertrand Benoit some years ago.
thanks for that one. being mentioned in one sentence with the big B is still giving me chills ;)

there are a lot of great rendered images around these days that sometimes make me feel it would be better to specialize in business related stuff or farming instead..

love
lasse

2015-05-07, 06:40:49
Reply #16

William Yan

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I like the renderings, it is the level I can't go now. Really like the lighting , feel like sweet home.

2015-05-07, 11:42:12
Reply #17

Image Box Studios

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • IMAGE BOX STUDIOS
Hello to everyone and thank you very much to everyone for their comments....Now i am here to answers.

@arrival , fLuppster, Alexp - Hi thank you guys. Images updated. i will post raw render by the evening.

@AnubisMe - Hi thanks, its all depends on client's need as well as interior layouts.

@Rawalanche - Hi thanks for your comments and suggestions . well i do agree with your comments. you can be right on some points. yes, you are right,these images look similar with previous renderings, but it is the style of Scandinavian design. if you will search on web, you will find these things everywhere like:-furry blankets, pillows with random quotes, blackboards with chalk, framed paintings on the floor, wrinkled rugs, obscene stuff hanging on walls, messy beds, dirty mirrors. but i will think about your suggestions.

@Freakaz - totally agree with you. thanks.

@michaltimko - Thank you very much. regarding carpet, it is a part of scene.

@Mr.Schorsch - thanks for your comments. and yes,you are right. there are few objects,which most of artists use over and over again but does it make sense that we can not use objects over and over again. if i am talking about B&B furniture or IKEA, many artists use them into their scenes again and again. and regarding wrinkled carpet,yes its a freebie but it doesn't mean that we can not use freebie too. many artists are not able to purchase pro models. also can you give me a solid reason that why it is more against to our business environment. anyway thank you again.

@PROH - hi, correct,In real life these carpets would be highly insecure. i think this wrinkled carpet is going to be controversial. but i saw many artist work and many artists used wrinkled carpets into their interior. thank you very much for liking my images.

@Juraj_Talcik - totally agree with Juraj. Thank you.

2015-05-07, 13:40:35
Reply #18

Mr.Schorsch

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • fokuspunkt
@Image Box Studio

Hey... sorry for the rude sound of my post... it was definitely not supposed to.

I meant that, I am not criticising you directly or your images. It is just what I wrote in my second post. That the beauty of many images got lost in the amount of other images looking more or less the same.
I think, that using a style, and freebies is ok and absolute legit. ( the style because it is a style... in in this case still a great looking / And freebies because you can't buy or build new stuff for each image you do) But I see so many images (aaaaannd again, I do this on my own as well) that are filled with freebies and stuff every body knows from forums and so on. ( which is not the case in your images )

Maybe this is a sign that even the cheap design connected is still to expansive because no one wants to buy new stuff and rather reuse the old freebies.

2015-05-07, 15:00:39
Reply #19

Image Box Studios

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • IMAGE BOX STUDIOS
@Ricky Johnson - Thanks you very much for your comments and suggestions.

@lasse1309 - Thank you for your kind words on my work.

@ayan13 - Hi thanks, well you can do these type of renderings too my friend. thanks to corona for this amazing render engine.

@Mr.Schorsch - Hey, please don't say sorry. i respect your comments and suggestions. On forum everyone can share their thoughts, comments and critics on others work and i appreciate every comments from every person. i was not saying that you were rude on my work. i was just explaining and clarifying the things.

2015-05-07, 15:08:48
Reply #20

Image Box Studios

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • IMAGE BOX STUDIOS
Hi Adam, Ondra and Corona support team - Thank you very much to you guys for posting my work on Corona Facebook page. I am very glad.

2015-05-07, 22:07:06
Reply #21

minimaldesign - Blaž

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • minimaldesign
roger and out ;)

2015-05-09, 02:11:35
Reply #22

speltospel

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • closeupvisual.com
each time there is a visual representative.
Today in 2015, it is a favorite of Scandinavian style. it is simply progress of history.

2015-05-11, 10:29:34
Reply #23

dartofang

• Active Users
  • @archviztutorial
    • View Profile
the design and composition is just perfect. keep it up man.

2015-05-11, 11:49:41
Reply #24

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Today in 2015, it is a favorite of Scandinavian style. it is simply progress of history.
Yeah, it's sad how every post-~2010 car looks like from the same manufacturer now (with a few exceptions).
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2015-05-11, 12:05:24
Reply #25

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
I find those examples from 80's and 90's most unattractive, yet i'd love to be stuck in that era forever. That was a golden age.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2015-05-11, 14:24:01
Reply #26

Hamburger

• Active Users
    • View Profile
This is very much in the way that scandinavian architecture is photographed in my opinion, very high key almost bleached look but this is very well done. I do not think it is bright at all, and you have lifted the blacks too which is even closer.

Very good work.

Maya 2016
Windows 10

2015-05-11, 16:35:49
Reply #27

snakebox

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Snakebox Media
@imageboxstudio do you have any guides, feel like teaching the rest of us a little?

One thing is the style, and though it is super important, and the attention to detail about the interior design is also super important, I feel like you make certain lighting and shader decisions a lot could learn from. 

I for one would love to see more detail on how this look is achieved. How much is post?

2015-05-11, 17:13:31
Reply #28

Tiago4D

• Active Users
  • Be Happy!
    • View Profile
    • Lumo Studio Arch & Design
amazings shoots! congratulations!
Learning...

2015-05-12, 18:24:10
Reply #29

Image Box Studios

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • IMAGE BOX STUDIOS
@cgdigi - Thank you so much.

@Hamburger - Thanks for your words.

@snakebox - Hi...well i am working on making for this project. very soon i will publish the process behind the project.

@Tiago4D - thank you tiago.