Author Topic: Adaptivity - rendering becomes very slow after reaching the limit  (Read 2684 times)

2013-08-31, 01:31:37

Dom74

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello.
I'm not sure it's a bug, I'm rendering a scene with PT+HD and using adaptivity, but when the "recalculate every" pass is reached, rendering speed slow down significantly.
For example, adaptivity is set to 15 and "recalculate every" to 200, every pass is rendered in 2 or 3 seconds, until 200 passes are computed, after that, each pass take more time, about 7 or 8 seconds.
I have tried with "recalculate every" set to 50 or 100, and obtained same result.
Also, I'm not certain to understand well the adaptivity parameters, can you explain me how it works ?
thanks.

2013-08-31, 01:56:47
Reply #1

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
yes, this is a feature, because after every "recalculate every" passes the adaptive supersampling is updated. Each pass then takes longer, but produces better results. What you want to try is setting recalculate every to about 5-10 and adaptivity to about 5. But it is still not working well
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2013-08-31, 03:44:11
Reply #2

Dom74

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Ok, thanks,
I will make some more experiments.

2013-08-31, 10:59:42
Reply #3

xt13r

• Active Users
  • Viva la Corona!
    • View Profile
    • my portfolio
sorry for interrupting, what is adaptivity? and recalculate every? i see them in a new corona release and found it in corona documentation, but there is no description.

2013-08-31, 11:54:15
Reply #4

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
it is an adaptivity attempt that is currently not working very well
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)