Author Topic: Corona opacity/fade  (Read 5274 times)

2019-07-15, 03:36:14

daveclive

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi all,

I've got a grouped object which uses a large array of objects/instances and material tags on individual layers. (all animating)
The grouped object is a fridge. (layer panel screenshot attached)

How can I use a corona material to fade the opacity of the object to create an animation from fully opaque to fully dissapeared?

I can't fade the individual materials as they are applied to many other objects in the scene/environment.

I tired to use a display tag and fade from 100 to 0% but corona doesn't support the fade, it just cuts from 100 to 0

any ideas?

2019-07-15, 05:57:33
Reply #1

3dkobi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
maybe do the fade in post ?

2019-07-15, 05:58:58
Reply #2

daveclive

• Active Users
    • View Profile
how would you do a fade in post?
Render the fridge object separately?

Don't think that would work as all shadows, lights etc would be missing from the render without the fridge

2019-07-15, 06:17:51
Reply #3

3dkobi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Well, that depends on the scene and what are you rendering, can you share some screenshots ?

2019-07-15, 07:11:22
Reply #4

iacdxb

• Active Users
  • 3D Deisgner
    • View Profile
    • www.behance.net/iacdxb
To fade out object... effectors and fields works better.

See this... I did a small simple example, I hope it will work for you.

Windows, Cinema 4D 2023.

2019-07-17, 15:36:47
Reply #5

shane_w

• Active Users
    • View Profile
@ iacdxb this is only a viable option for VERY simple scenes as you are essentially animating the alpha channel.  Imagine more of a real situation with 10 different objects with ten materials each.  This would require 100 materials to fade out the objects separately.

@ daveclive You will need to render twice with frames overlapping the time you would like the fade to occur.

Example:  frames 0-100 with your fridge frames 70-200 without your fridge > overlap in your video editor and fade them together creating a 1 second frame @ 30fps.

I wish the display tag supported this as it would make some projects so much easier.

-Shane

2019-07-17, 22:18:08
Reply #6

daveclive

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Shane,

yes was going to say same thing about fade using effector.

Your method is what I've had to resort to in the past.
Really need to get support for the display tag or add an opacity controller to the corona compositing tag.

thanks for help