Chaos Corona for Cinema 4D > [C4D] General Discussion

UVW Randomizer creating long render times

(1/2) > >>

ianosss:
Hi all.

Is it normal that when using the UVW randomizer that you get much longer render times?

For example, I have a basic scene which takes 2:40 (Mins/seconds) to render with 2 materials that have a UVW randomizer. If I take out the UVW randomizer the render times drops to 0:40 (Mins/seconds). I've had other more complex scenes too that when using the UVW randomizer makes scenes far too long to render.

Is this a bug or normal behaviour?

Any info is much appreciated. :)

romullus:
Try to turn off high quality blending if it's turned on - performance should increase significantly.

ianosss:
Thanks for the info. I'll give it a try with high quality blending off.

ianosss:
I gave it a test with high quality blending off, which made the render a little fast, but not alot... 2:23 (mins/secs) rather than 2:50 (mins/secs) Turning off UVW randomizer gives me a render time of 0:40 (mins/secs) a lot faster.

So I guess I have to accept UVW is very slow and pretty much unusable for most of my scenes unless I want silly render times. :( ...I'll do some more testing.

BigAl3D:
I might be confused, but isn't the Triplaner shader similar to the UVW Randomizer? Well, at the bottom there are similar tools. Worth a look.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version