Chaos Corona for 3ds Max > [Max] I need help!

Abstract gradient displaced material

(1/2) > >>

heytherethere:
Hi all,

I have a question, is it possible to create this material in corona? If yes, how would you do it?
Im struggling to achieve anything that closely resembles this sort of thing :(
Maybe after some time I could get noise map in displacement that will be looking like that but I dont know how to create that gradient. Or  how to create material that has different color in different "material height" when displaced if you know what I mean.

Any help is welcome and appreciated. Thank you.

pokoy:
You could probably simply stretch a bitmap - set one axis coordinate tiling to 0.001 or so, this will stretch it across the whole 0-1 UV tile. But you need UVs that follow the geometry so for a similar geometry best would be to use a cylinder, assign UVWs in cylindrical mapping mode and bend and twist the geometry, this way the UVs will follow the geometry.

heytherethere:
Thats a good idea! Thank you. And it could be possible to create displacement map from that texture..

romullus:
If you want to keep things procedural, you can use gradient ramp for such type of displacement. I'm attaching the file to play with, just be aware that you'll need Jan-26 Corona build, since i used new curvature map for colour.

heytherethere:
Wow thank you, this is exactly what I was looking for.
Unfortunately I have old Corona v4 so I will try to play with what I got :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version