Author Topic: Crazy blinking UI  (Read 3773 times)

2021-11-24, 16:30:17

jjaz82

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi, for some weeks I have this problem, lately more and more often, when it starts it goes on minutes in which I can not save or do any other action, I tried to reinstall the video drivers and all the Microsoft-Visual-C-Runtime, can someone help me?

i have installed corona 7 and 3dsmax 2021

Thank you

2021-11-24, 16:59:01
Reply #1

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Definitely looks non-Corona, and probably GPU. Check things like processes, see what is using up CPU, GPU, and RAM, could be you have something running on your system that is unwanted. Could also be the GPU is failing or some other hardware issue. Could be rolling back video drivers to an earlier version will help.
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2021-11-25, 09:20:56
Reply #2

jjaz82

• Active Users
    • View Profile
thank you, I'll try as you said.
Nicola

2022-01-09, 07:36:32
Reply #3

danio1011

• Active Users
    • View Profile
If the whole screen was flashing I’d say video card, but since it’s just 3ds max and certain windows flashing it looks like maybe you haven’t disabled control flow guard and a few of those other protections that can actually hinder 3ds max especially on AMD cpus and can cause exactly this behavior. 

There’s a few threads on this forum about disabling CFG and similar tweaks that really help reduce similar issues.

Just my $0.02, hope it helps!

2022-01-10, 16:00:25
Reply #4

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
What's your RAM usage when this happens?
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2022-01-12, 03:30:51
Reply #5

Chey

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Looks like memory ran out,You can try installing Process Lasso,This can effectively inhibit the process,I have used it to reduce crashes many times
Beyand realty

2022-01-20, 14:02:39
Reply #6

1equals2

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

I have the very same problem - blinking/flashing screens everywhere.
Corona 7 and latest 3ds max 2022.
Used to have similar problem with corona 6 and 3ds max 2020, which almost completely went away with proper  3d connexion drivers. The 3d space mouse  drivers was causing the issues with the flash screen back with version 2020, almost 2 years ago.
Working on  first project with version 2022 and latest plugins - the problem appears once again.
The issue occurs as soon as try to switch to another camera while IR  is working , at least here.

GPU  drivers or/and RAM issues are Not the culprit - using the latest nvidia drivers and within viewport of 3ds max and other 3d programs such as blender, all works fine. RAM is ECC and sufficient (128 GB)
Other places to find the work of Angel Kostov
https://www.instagram.com/1equals2/
https://www.behance.net/ARCHO

2022-01-25, 16:01:13
Reply #7

Adam

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • RenderWorx
If the whole screen was flashing I’d say video card, but since it’s just 3ds max and certain windows flashing it looks like maybe you haven’t disabled control flow guard and a few of those other protections that can actually hinder 3ds max especially on AMD cpus and can cause exactly this behavior. 

There’s a few threads on this forum about disabling CFG and similar tweaks that really help reduce similar issues.

Just my $0.02, hope it helps!

I had a similar issue a while ago and disabling CFG sorted it out.

2022-02-21, 11:01:14
Reply #8

jjaz82

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I had to reinstall everything, the ram remains linear, without strange behaviors, with a complete re-installation the problem no longer occurred.
thank you all and sorry for delay