Author Topic: DOF is changing between IR and render  (Read 1272 times)

2021-01-12, 22:49:36

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Ive got a camera path set up with some DOF on the camera. The target is linked to the object i want to keep in focus and does not move.
When i render my frame in IR it looks correct. When I fully render it, the object is completely out of focus.
Can anyone suggest any reason why this might be happening?

2021-01-12, 23:15:03
Reply #1

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Thoughts - You do mean you set an Override Focus target, and not the camera target? Because if you haven't set an override focus target, the DOF will remain at a fixed range and not "keep that object in focus" (the camera target just sets where the camera is looking, DOF will remain at a fixed distance).

Other thoughts - is there motion blur is well (in case the out of focus is motion blur and not DOF)? Do you mean every frame is out of focus throughout the camera fly around, or just some? Are you rendering the whole animation, or just a single frame?
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2021-01-13, 12:22:14
Reply #2

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Im using a physical camera with the camera target linked to the object to focus on. The physical camera has a setting to use target distance for the focal plane.
Im rendering an animation and its not a motion blur issue as i say its fine in IR but during the final render its a completely different image.

2021-01-13, 14:27:03
Reply #3

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
I really would use a Corona camera, not a Physical camera, and see if the issue persists (always best to use Corona-specific things where possible).
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us