General Category > General CG Discussion

3ds Max 2015 features

(1/7) > >>

racoonart:
Sorry but I just had to post it here. I couldn't stop laughing :,-)

http://www.maxunderground.com/archives/20745_3ds_max_2015_features.html

(oh .. and the shitstorm has already begun :D )

Ludvik Koutny:

--- Quote from: DeadClown on 2014-03-18, 19:11:50 ---Sorry but I just had to post it here. I couldn't stop laughing :,-)

http://www.maxunderground.com/archives/20745_3ds_max_2015_features.html

(oh .. and the shitstorm has already begun :D )

--- End quote ---

What's there to laugh at? I think it's really solid release. They finally focused on some of the bread & butter improvements rather than stretching their ambitions too far. You can finally use official scene manager instead of slow outliner script. Pflow nodes finally do not looks so crappy and confusing. Although MR is dead, the activeshade notification layer improvements benefit 3rd party renderers a lot. And mainly, Nitrous was already fast and solid in Max 2014, and now it got even faster!

racoonart:
About the outliner replacement: I don't trust anything they say before I've tested it myself. They had a fucked up, unusable slate material/map browser in max for 2 versions, I wouldn't be surprised if this scene explorer thing is unusable too.
So what else...
- quadchamfer (I don't really have to say anything about it, do I?)
- haven't seen the pflow nodes anywhere yet, where can I have a look?
- Placement tool... jay
- Activeshade: didn't know 3rd party developers could benefit from that
- Python, point clouds - had these in max 2014 already, don't find python useful yet (maybe that has changed?)
- Nitrous got faster/fixed, fine, that was worth all the subscription money (?)

[edit] Oh and about stretching ambitions: They seem to have enough self-confidence to rise subscription prices.

kumodot:
  What's the Big problem with Slate ? I am using it since version one, and have no problems with that at all. Forgetting the lack of "Open doors", Slate is way more pleasant to use than Maya Hypershader (ux, and Ui). IMO, of course. Python is the CORE to improve all the 3D Tools relations and stop that pointless "3d Tools Wars". You can do whaterver you want on the best tool and Python is here to help that integration and make unique tools that works on Maya, Max, Houdini and other Python-powered tools. This benefits every other tool.
    Viewport is the BottleNeck, you can't spend Resources investing on new "Wow" tools if you don't have a Good feedback, ADesk is targeting on the logical point.

I am just waiting for Alembic. Nothing more. ;)

--- Quote from: DeadClown on 2014-03-18, 20:24:07 ---About the outliner replacement: I don't trust anything they say before I've tested it myself. They had a fucked up, unusable slate material/map browser in max for 2 versions, I wouldn't be surprised if this scene explorer thing is unusable too.
So what else...
- quadchamfer (I don't really have to say anything about it, do I?)
- haven't seen the pflow nodes anywhere yet, where can I have a look?
- Placement tool... jay
- Activeshade: didn't know 3rd party developers could benefit from that
- Python, point clouds - had these in max 2014 already, don't find python useful yet (maybe that has changed?)
- Nitrous got faster/fixed, fine, that was worth all the subscription money (?)

[edit] Oh and about stretching ambitions: They seem to have enough self-confidence to rise subscription prices.

--- End quote ---

Ondra:
I am at the point of just hoping they dont break anything that could be blamed at me, like the extremely slow texture loading in 2014 :D.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version