Author Topic: Volume Fog + SSS  (Read 1913 times)

2018-03-19, 14:18:19

.:::one:::.

• Users
    • View Profile
Hello guys,

I have an issue with my scene, when i am using volume fog in environment, and subsurface scattering in materials on different models it looks like volume fog makes this models half invisible or multiplies the value visually, im not pretty sure how to explain this bug.

Thank you for help,

Check screenshot please:

2018-03-19, 16:35:50
Reply #1

mferster

• Active Users
    • View Profile
It's happening because your volume fog material has the same IOR as your orbs. Change your fogs IOR to 1 to fix your issue.

2018-03-19, 22:20:22
Reply #2

• Users
    • View Profile
It's happening because your volume fog material has the same IOR as your orbs. Change your fogs IOR to 1 to fix your issue.

Thank you so much, that helps a lot! So this is a bug in corona or i am miss understood in material settings ?

2018-03-19, 22:34:59
Reply #3

mferster

• Active Users
    • View Profile
It's working as it's supposed to. If an object is sitting in a volume that has the same IOR, it becomes imperceptible. This video illustrates the concept.

The polymer balls have the same refractive and reflective index as the water. So when they are together the balls become invisible. The fog in your global volume material was acting in the same way. That is why your reflections weren't visible and there were no refraction in your scene.

2018-03-20, 11:31:34
Reply #4

• Users
    • View Profile
It's working as it's supposed to. If an object is sitting in a volume that has the same IOR, it becomes imperceptible. This video illustrates the concept.

The polymer balls have the same refractive and reflective index as the water. So when they are together the balls become invisible. The fog in your global volume material was acting in the same way. That is why your reflections weren't visible and there were no refraction in your scene.

Wow thank you so much for this clear answer!