Author Topic: burnt pixels suppression in post settings  (Read 3582 times)

2014-02-16, 13:00:55

Utroll

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I know it won't be the most needed feature ever but I've been recently playing with Nox render, very similar to maxwell, and there's a feature to automatically spot and kill fireflies from render VFB post panel. That feature with a slider to fade the effect might be usefull.

All in all I was not convinced by Nox (unstable, tried three times, crashed three times) but the VFB is very promising and sexy.

2014-02-16, 13:06:38
Reply #1

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
there is already the highlight compression parameter for that
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2014-02-16, 17:21:08
Reply #2

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
there is already the highlight compression parameter for that

It's not the same, he's asking for what is rather "speckle removal" tool. I have to say NOX does indeed has some interesting features in frame-buffer, but I wasn't otherwise interested in even trying it.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2014-02-16, 19:04:14
Reply #3

Utroll

• Active Users
    • View Profile
well it's not bad but it's not fast neither, it's 95% maxwell aka slow but pretty, and not stable (on my machine at least).
Anyway that was just wondering as most 'beginners' with corona post about fireflies, or when you've launch a big render and notice after 24h that you you have some, it could be convenient to fake/solve it quickly rather than relaunch render or stamp stamp stamp with image editing softw.

2014-03-10, 22:27:59
Reply #4

jaco graaff

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Are you discussing the burnt-out white pixels on reflective areas??

My example

I am looking for this  "highlight compression" feature in v .5 but cannot find the field for it...

Vray has a "Max ray intensity" setting to supress fireflies

Any solution?

2014-03-11, 00:21:12
Reply #5

Utroll

• Active Users
    • View Profile
you'll find what you're looking for in render settings  : MSI = max sample intensity (put it down) and lower in the post tab you'll find contrast / highlight comp / ... you can tweak them during rendering, or even after (doesn't work after render in VFB+ though)

I was more talking about a automatic stamp feature,  not really 3d related, but usefull in your exact case : go  on fancy postprod without the boring cosmetic step nor relaunching.