Chaos Corona for 3ds Max > [Max] I need help!

blurry renders...

(1/2) > >>

Erich:
When I render an image, it appears very blurry. My Output size is set to 3160 x 2160 and I do not have depth of field on so everything should be very sharp. I checked some previous posts related to this and it was mentioned to ensure that image upscaling was set to 1. I checked and it is set to 1. So I don't know what is causing this. I have experienced this a few times now with different models and it seems to occur somewhat randomly.

Any help would be appreciated. A screenshot showing the render in the IR is attached.

romullus:
It appears to me that the render in your screenshot is zoomed in beyond 1:1. Make sure that you're always looking at your picture at 100% zoom when you want to evaluate its sharpness.

Erich:

--- Quote from: romullus on 2024-03-20, 10:01:56 ---It appears to me that the render in your screenshot is zoomed in beyond 1:1. Make sure that you're always looking at your picture at 100% zoom when you want to evaluate its sharpness.

--- End quote ---

Here is a screenshot at 1:1. it still appears blurry to me.

romullus:
To be honest, this looks pretty normal to me. If you want more sharpness, you can always sharpen the image in Corona VFB, or saving it to the disk and bringing to photoshop or other program for post-processing. Alternatively you can reduce image filter radius in render settings, or turn it off completely, although i don't think it will have significant effect on sharpness.

3dboomerang:
Render settings > Image Filter > Type: Tent > Width [px]: 1,2 value

cheers

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version