Author Topic: [solved] Hide object from camera  (Read 6355 times)

2015-10-01, 02:39:45

ridenho

• Users
    • View Profile
I am not sure if this is possible in Corona, but I would like to hide an object from the camera so that it does not render, but is part of the rendering calculations and lighting. The rendering is a 3d view of an apartment unit. I want to hide the roof from the camera so that you can see the interior, but I want it lit like the roof was there.

I have used Maxwell Render, there is an option for this called "hide from camera." It is useful for objects such as invisible light planes, etc...
« Last Edit: 2015-10-08, 10:56:19 by maru »

2015-10-01, 07:58:07
Reply #1

Lucutus

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • a+m
in the object properties there is a Checkbox called "visible to camera" just uncheck an it should work fine for your purpose.

greetz

Lucutus

2015-10-01, 11:13:59
Reply #2

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
in the object properties there is a Checkbox called "visible to camera" just uncheck an it should work fine for your purpose.
Either this - just make sure that it does not produce some strange results, like reflection/refraction problems, or use Rayswitch material. Put your roof materials inside rayswitch (if it's not very complex or a lot of materials) and paste it to all slots except for "direct visibility".
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us