Author Topic: Changing corona light units doesnt update light behaviour in IR  (Read 1042 times)

2023-03-21, 13:31:57

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Not a super-critical bug as i imagine not many people actually would notice but i see that in Corona 9 that when changing light units with IR running, the behaviour of the corona light doesnt change to match the new unit until you restart IR.

Hard to communicate what i mean by behaviour exactly but Obviously if i pick lumens as my unit, the Lux of the surface the light is covering reduces, the larger the light gets whereas W/sr.m^2 maintains the same lux level on surface regardless of light size. This is how it should be. However, until IR is restarted, the light does not change the way it outputs the light.

Im sure very few people would ever notice this unless you had a decent grasp of the light units and what they actually measure but thought id point it out.

2023-03-22, 16:01:53
Reply #1

NazarVitkovskyi

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello, unfortunately, I was not able to reproduce this issue. May I please ask you to provide a little bit more details?
You can also submit a ticket to us using this link: https://support.chaos.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

2023-03-22, 16:58:34
Reply #2

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello, unfortunately, I was not able to reproduce this issue. May I please ask you to provide a little bit more details?
You can also submit a ticket to us using this link: https://support.chaos.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Hi, What was the result of your testing of the issue? What did you see happen?

Thanks

edit: Ive just retested and youre right. I think it must be because when switching between units, it adjusts the intensity and perhaps lux to lumens was jumping to an intensity where the dimming would not be noticeable because it is so bright.
This thread can be deleted/solved.

« Last Edit: 2023-03-22, 17:10:34 by Jpjapers »