Author Topic: Max completely freezing when using the copy button in the VFB when running IR  (Read 1064 times)

2022-12-09, 14:23:28

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Ive had this a few times recently whereby ill go to copy the vfb to send someone a render during an IR working session and max completely freezes up and never drops to the error reporter.

Im using Corona 8, Max 2022 and Windows 10.
The render isnt anything huge. This time its barely over 720p.

The steps i took before the crash were

1. Start IR
2. Leave IR running for a brief period to clean up the image (IR Window is .
4. Click the copy button. (The button does highlight)
5. Freeze, the Ctrl+C button stays highlighted. The interface for all windows in that max session are frozen including all window controls, title bars and maximise/minimise/close buttons. The smiley face stops spinning. The max windows do not show as 'not responding' but the windows spinning blue circle is displayed across all windows relating to that max session.

It looks like bloom and glare was being calculated at the time of copying but so far the session has been frozen for around 60 minutes and hasn't come back.

I have a minidump but given the size i cant upload it here. I'm not sure where you are taking uploads now for these?

Thanks
« Last Edit: 2022-12-09, 14:32:27 by Jpjapers »

2022-12-09, 16:05:39
Reply #1

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
The easiest way to send files is to open the item as a ticket rather than forum post, as then you can attach whatever you like to the ticket :) https://support.chaos.com/requests/new

I believe there is also a separate upload-only link, for when you want to post to the forum specifically for some reason, and still want to send large or private files - but I leave that to support to say what it is these days ;)
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2022-12-09, 16:11:46
Reply #2

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Ah ok thanks Tom, ill submit a ticket. Feel free to delete this to save duplicating!

2022-12-09, 17:32:25
Reply #3

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
We can leave it here :) Hopefully we or you will remember to come back and post the solution in case it helps anyone else experiencing a similar problem! (if ticket not in already, can add the link to this forum thread so we remember where to come to reply lol)
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2022-12-09, 18:59:10
Reply #4

hurrycat

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I remember bumping into the same problem on Corona 7. Bloom&Glare was definitely to blame, and I believe changing the VFB tab from Post to any other (say Stats) fixed the problem, if I remember correctly.

It happened on a specific project and hasn't happened again since, but I have learned to leave Bloom&Glare disabled until the render is finished. 

2022-12-09, 21:06:00
Reply #5

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I remember bumping into the same problem on Corona 7. Bloom&Glare was definitely to blame, and I believe changing the VFB tab from Post to any other (say Stats) fixed the problem, if I remember correctly.

It happened on a specific project and hasn't happened again since, but I have learned to leave Bloom&Glare disabled until the render is finished.

Hopefully with the minidump i sent in, it can be looked into

2022-12-12, 16:01:26
Reply #6

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
This will be handled in support ticket #71545.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us