Author Topic: Fisrt ad commercial full Corona. Success 'til now. Silestone+Cindy Crawford  (Read 16468 times)

2019-10-08, 00:39:04

Alex Roman

• Users
    • View Profile
Hey guys!

Fisrt post here... ;) I was honored and became a mentor of Corona by the great Ivan Zabalza and by the wonderful people Of Render Legion just 1 year ago now. I've been doing several tests. Thousands this year. I was a faithful Vray guy (since my beginnings) and tried a lot of Red Shift as well. Conclusion and bottom line; i had a commissioned ad commercial (starring Cindy Crawford, ;P) for Silestone brand. After LOTS of testing, i got the conclusion that CORONA Render was the VERY best option for this job. Mainly for 2 reasons, no! 3 actually. accuracy of DPLC, best solutions for SSS (both modes) interacting perfectly with GI, and best final GI solving engine. Aside of the progresses of AI denoiser of IPR (couldn't did and still working and developing the ad project itself without the wonderful IPR Corona has.... and improving!). On the other side i found some bugs and lack of versatility in some areas. BUT, this is another subject. Will post it (bugs and wishlist) in th proper forum thread once i'm finished and deliver this job. Obviously, it's not a Hollywood VFX oriented render engine (mostly VIZ) but! I wanted to proof that could not be only for that. Just the opposite actually. Could be with almost a very few changes and solved bugs... ;) The work itself is still very WIP but i really wanted to share some stills with you Ondřej (thanks a LOT for passion and work. Please keep going), your whole team behind (always!) and, of course, the whole community.

Don't be too severe please. Still learning This wonderful piece of magic engine and client asking for never ending changes every couple of days. No Joke at all... (sounds familiar to anyone here?? XD)

SO: a few WIPs :))

All my best!
Alex Roman

PS: YES,. aware that the chroma KEy they're absolut crap! HA! Was in a truly tough deadline. All good and fixed now... BTW; if there is some good chroma keyer listening and/or reading, please get in touch with me if you wanna some lil job. Thnx.
AND of course C&C are not only welcome but needed... ;)

« Last Edit: 2019-11-20, 21:20:18 by Alex Roman »

2019-10-08, 00:45:57
Reply #1

Alex Roman

• Users
    • View Profile
Ooops! Forgot one last pic i think... Just comp testing, fog, camera matching with the live action footage and mats and lighting thing. Not final at all... Afterall we all are here in the WIP and test thread isn't? ;))
« Last Edit: 2019-11-20, 21:20:37 by Alex Roman »

2019-10-08, 13:03:11
Reply #2

Rajan Sawhney

• Users
    • View Profile
For real?? if so..wow
I'm new here too but welcome to Corona!

First things I like is the anamorphic look, would love to hear more about how you emulate those lens effects, distortions and also that filmic unsharp softness.

Also, are you doing look development with LUT's directly in the corona frame buffer and art directing in real time or still saving out linear renders and comping/grading in post?

Nice to hear that even you must deal with clients constantly making changes...
Best
Rajan

2019-10-08, 13:31:02
Reply #3

jms.lwly

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • jms.lwly studio
Much like in 2009, breathtaking work from a true master. Look forward to hearing more about the process, and seeing the final advert.

2019-10-08, 14:03:46
Reply #4

rozpustelnik

• Active Users
    • View Profile
This is a so good. The highest level of photorealism and mood. Great work!

2019-10-08, 15:03:48
Reply #5

NicolasC

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
  • CG supervisor / teacher / artist
    • View Profile
Wow ! great to see some of your work again, Alex ! Funnily enough, I was precisely tidying up my bookcase a bit this morning, and quickly went through your The Third and The Seventh book ... time has passed, still masterpiece ;) I can't wait to see the final version of this ad !

Best regards.
Nicolas Caplat
CG supervisor / teacher / artist

2019-10-09, 16:15:01
Reply #6

Fluss

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Nice to see you here Alex! And glad you're back with some of the awesome sauce you're prompt to deliver.

Well, you summed it all. Corona is a beast of an engine with limited capabilities. But still a young renderer tho!

What a wonderful set of images! Not disappointed, We can see you did keep your cinematic vision! I love the analog film emulation!

Isn't the SSS a bit overdone on the statues? That looks unnatural to me, especially in the shadows. Also, the tiles of the yard need a tiny bit more of specular details to me.

On the LightIN2 shots, columns on the right look strange, I do not know if it's bokeh related or the focal length but there is something that boggles me.

Here are my 2 cents 😉

2019-10-15, 17:16:09
Reply #7

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
How did this go unnoticed for week :- D ? Holy hell.

This looks sick. Dark & Atmospheric.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2019-10-15, 17:50:17
Reply #8

jonnyallenlwt

• Users
    • View Profile
Welcome back Jorge!  Great work!  Can't wait to see how it evolves.

2019-10-15, 19:29:59
Reply #9

Michael Arch-Viz

• Active Users
    • View Profile

2019-10-15, 21:03:01
Reply #10

VISUALVIBES

• Users
    • View Profile
    • VISUALVIBES STUDIO
The Master and an wonderful masterpiece. Thank you!

2019-10-15, 21:06:58
Reply #11

minimaldesign - Blaž

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • minimaldesign

2019-10-16, 00:18:21
Reply #12

Luke

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • LC3D
Stunning work, but who would expect anything less..!!! ;)

Can't wait to see more and here more about the creation process!

Still doing post in AE? or is this just straight out of the VFB? Custom LUTS?

2019-10-16, 09:20:14
Reply #13

Kalopsia

• Active Users
  • Kalopsia Visual Studio
    • View Profile
    • Kalopsia Visual Studio
Just amazing work. Nice to see you use Corona on this awesome project, I hope this gives devs a lot of feedback.
By the way, wouldn't you love to have Cryptomate in Corona so you don't need to do all the masking by hand. Maybe mention that to Ondra ;) ;)

Clients making constant changes?¿? What are you talking about? That never happens XD
I know form personal experience that they always complaint about the camera angles, the lighting and the color of their product.

Some feedback. Love the shot trough the doorway, that looks really nice. In general I feel like it might be a bit to dark, specially since the interior is black.

Really locking forward to see the final result on this
Rendering since 2014

2019-10-16, 12:07:05
Reply #14

Philip kelly

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Sketchrender
Beautiful work as always.
When is the official Video out, as it is not on the Silastone website.

Dell Precision T7910