Author Topic: different versions of corona on different versions of 3ds max  (Read 4343 times)

2019-06-24, 15:45:43

asdecret

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello there,

I wanted to know if it is possible to run different versions of corona (2 and 3) respectively on max 2014 and max 2018 on the same computer.

If so is there a tutorial out there of should i folllow this but somehow modified.
https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/5000577837-how-to-run-different-corona-versions-at-the-same-time-

Thanks for your help

2019-06-24, 16:29:56
Reply #1

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
You need this more complicated procedure only if you want to manage different Corona versions for one particular Max version. If you want to have Corona v2 for Max2014 and Corona v3 for Max2018, then just install v2 with only "3ds Max 2014" ticked ("Custom" installation) and Corona v3 with "3ds Max 2018" plus those additional features you need, that's all. As for licensing server + Dr server + CIE (if you use any of it): I would always install the newest ones, even if your production environment would be the older Corona version.

Good Luck

Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2019-06-25, 12:43:47
Reply #2

asdecret

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Frood,

thanks so much for your reply, I will give it a shot and let you know.

Thanks

Alex

2019-06-25, 18:01:57
Reply #3

asdecret

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Frood,

Tried the install but somehow corona 2 still listed for 3ds max 2018!
also when i try to reinstall it gives me an error message.
I chose the custom install and only ticked the 2018 version wiwth the dr server, cie nvidia denoiser.

Thanks for you help

alex

2019-06-26, 08:47:43
Reply #4

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
Hi,

This error message means that the installer process is still running. For some reason on older versions of Windows the process doesn't end.

You have two options
1) Restart your computer and then reinstall
2) Kill the process through task manager -> Right click on the task bar -> Open task manager -> Find the MaxInstaller.exe process -> Right click and end process.

Thanks,

Rowan
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2019-06-26, 10:14:52
Reply #5

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
Additionally I would uninstall Corona in the first place right after installing it. There have been a few installer issues in the past of which I cannot remember every detail or associated versions. After uninstall, launch both max versions to ensure that Corona is not installed in any, additionally check "program files/Corona" directory, should be empty or even not present. Then start installation again as described. hope it helps!

BTW: Any reason why you do not use Corona v4?

Good Luck

Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2019-06-26, 11:25:02
Reply #6

asdecret

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks Rowmanns and Frood for your replies.

It seems like everything is ok now, retried the install after killing the max installer.
Frood, thanks for your help as well, to be honest with you I always wait a while for the new releases to be stable before using them, little fridgid that way.

Thanks again the both of you

Alex