Author Topic: Is Chaos Cloud available for Corona?  (Read 8052 times)

2021-11-16, 15:46:02
Reply #15

Helio

• Users
    • View Profile
    • Helio Cloud Rendering
any news for Corona supporton chaos cloud yet?

Hey llab, I understand you were asking for the solution from Chaos.
But I wanted to point you at our cloud rendering offering with a similar feature set as chaos cloud has for their V-Ray standalone offering: https://render.helio.exchange/
Let me know if you have any questions :)

2021-11-16, 15:48:36
Reply #16

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile

2021-11-16, 16:55:35
Reply #17

dj_buckley

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Looks great Tom - I assume this paragraph means these features are no longer tentative and won't be pulled last minute :)

Is that everything?
You will of course also get the expected dose of other new features. For version 8, this will include decals, new tone mapping, cryptomatte, slicer/clipper material, a curvature map, and more (see the end of the blog post for a development sneak peek).

2021-11-16, 17:04:48
Reply #18

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
No list prior to launch is ever everything - those are the things we currently have working, either in dailies or in internal builds. There may (or may not) be more :) Of course even when working in internal builds, we cannot 100% guarantee in advance that nothing unexpected will come up between now and release, that's the nature of development (but it would have to be unexpected, so we don't expect those listed to be tentative, given that they are already working to some degree).
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2021-11-16, 18:01:05
Reply #19

dj_buckley

• Active Users
    • View Profile
It's all good.  The sneak peak of the tone mapping looks very promising.

2021-11-16, 19:13:49
Reply #20

GraceKellyPerfect

• Active Users
    • View Profile
No list prior to launch is ever everything - those are the things we currently have working, either in dailies or in internal builds. There may (or may not) be more :) Of course even when working in internal builds, we cannot 100% guarantee in advance that nothing unexpected will come up between now and release, that's the nature of development (but it would have to be unexpected, so we don't expect those listed to be tentative, given that they are already working to some degree).
I would rather have new features more polished even if that means it will miss next release than have new feature that doesn t work as intended all the time.

2021-11-16, 19:29:52
Reply #21

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
For sure, if something is below par, it won't make it into the release. Of course, we hope to avoid that, and have everything up to standard and in the release :)
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us