Author Topic: Near Nature  (Read 3138 times)

2018-11-27, 07:55:58

Skalpel3d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Last commercial project

« Last Edit: 2018-11-27, 08:25:44 by skalpe3d »

2018-11-28, 09:42:56
Reply #1

Romas Noreika

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • romasnoreika
Nice, but please turn off that vertical correction on image 4. Dayyuumm that looks weird.
RN

2018-11-28, 10:08:14
Reply #2

Kalopsia

• Active Users
  • Kalopsia Visual Studio
    • View Profile
    • Kalopsia Visual Studio
Nice work. But YES that vertical correction does look weird.
Just one tip, lower your white albedo. That boat and the lights are to visible in the images.
Max white I use inside on a wall is 230 sRGB so you can get away with 200-210 on that boat or even lower
Rendering since 2014

2018-11-28, 10:11:34
Reply #3

aaouviz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Another Angle 3D
Nice work mate.

Love the paving of the driveway, super nice! The shot with the fog looks great too.

Re; the vertical tilt in v4... I sorta like it, looks cool. Not usual, but cool.
Nicolas Pratt
Another Angle 3D
https://www.instagram.com/anotherangle3d/

2018-11-28, 10:13:09
Reply #4

aaouviz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Another Angle 3D
Just one tip, lower your white albedo. That boat and the lights are to visible in the images.
Max white I use inside on a wall is 230 sRGB so you can get away with 200-210 on that boat or even lower

Isn't 230 wayyy too high? Am I out of the loop? This is something I've never got a full grasp of, but I was under the impression for 'white' walls we should be using something 180, 200 tops?
Nicolas Pratt
Another Angle 3D

2018-11-28, 10:30:12
Reply #5

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
I think it's yet another example of RGB-sRGB confusion. IsmaeL is probably talking about sRGB and you're thinking in RGB terms. 230 sRGB = 203 RGB, so both of you are right :]
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2018-11-28, 10:32:55
Reply #6

aaouviz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Another Angle 3D
I think it's yet another example of RGB-sRGB confusion. IsmaeL is probably talking about sRGB and you're thinking in RGB terms. 230 sRGB = 203 RGB, so both of you are right :]

Ah, right! Thanks.

That's definitely something I need to read more about...
Nicolas Pratt
Another Angle 3D

2018-11-28, 10:45:48
Reply #7

Kalopsia

• Active Users
  • Kalopsia Visual Studio
    • View Profile
    • Kalopsia Visual Studio

Ah, right! Thanks.

That's definitely something I need to read more about...

Are you using the Corona Color Picker, than it is sRGB or better yet, Gamma 2.2 because sRGB is a colorspace and Max does not handle colorspace. But since sRGB has a Gamma of 2.2 and whitepoint of D65 we commonly say sRGB.
If you use the Max default picker than you work in linear space with a Gamma of 1

Corona Color Picker max is 230 maybe 240 for snow

Max Color Picker max is about 210

In fact, the CoronaMtl shader comes with a diffuse color of 180 sRGB with is 119 linear RGB, and that is the standard you use to test exposure. So by default as a reference a CoronaMtl in Override is very dark.
Rendering since 2014

2018-11-29, 07:11:15
Reply #8

Skalpel3d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks for the comments. As for the frame 4, unfortunately, the client's craving for several years has been a rule that if the client wants to hurt himself, I do not quarrel with him. Perhaps in my free time I will come back to this project and I will improve this staff plus I will make night shots. As for white, it gives a parameter between 190-200. always tests albedo and especially if I throw in a vray model

2018-11-29, 08:05:49
Reply #9

aaouviz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Another Angle 3D
client wants to hurt himself, I do not quarrel with him

I think that's the perfect necessary attitude with some clients! :P
Nicolas Pratt
Another Angle 3D

2018-11-29, 09:34:35
Reply #10

Kalopsia

• Active Users
  • Kalopsia Visual Studio
    • View Profile
    • Kalopsia Visual Studio
Thanks for the comments. As for the frame 4, unfortunately, the client's craving for several years has been a rule that if the client wants to hurt himself, I do not quarrel with him. Perhaps in my free time I will come back to this project and I will improve this staff plus I will make night shots. As for white, it gives a parameter between 190-200. always tests albedo and especially if I throw in a vray model

Clients hurting themself is unavoidable XD Every time I use vertical tilt or camara shift, I think about the real world camera and lenses someone has to have and I realize that it would be almost impossible to get the same image. The funniest thing is when your client wants one thing and the art direction wants something else XD
Rendering since 2014