Author Topic: How do you get strong, sharp god rays in an interior scene?  (Read 2284 times)

2018-10-04, 23:05:51

actrask

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • actrask.com
I'm having a hard time getting strong god rays for an interior scene I'm working on. Even when I goose the lighting and have a spotlight shining through the window, it's super foggy.

Are there some common settings you guys use for sharp god rays? Or should I just treat it like a set and get some smoke in there?

I'm using a CoronaVolumeMtl in the Global volume material slot. Absorption Color is 217, Scattering Color is 250.

Also, reading through the help files, I can't find anything about what "Volume mapping" does. The modes are "On Surface" and "Inside Volume". Can someone shed some light?

Edit: In the "distance" setting for volume materials and fog, what is the distance referencing? Distance from what?

2018-10-04, 23:31:09
Reply #1

PROH

• Active Users
    • View Profile

2018-10-04, 23:37:10
Reply #2

actrask

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • actrask.com
I have, but I can't get them to pop out like that without some serious comping.

Edit: it seems the issue is HDRI environments with a sun don't have as much energy as Corona Sun.  When I put a Corona Sun in there the god rays started to pop.
« Last Edit: 2018-10-05, 00:01:17 by actrask »

2018-10-05, 09:44:28
Reply #3

sprayer

• Active Users
    • View Profile
do not use hdri for  interior! you barely see the  light from hdri in interior so  it's  useless  and slowing rendering