Author Topic: Weird shadows on lit objects  (Read 1317 times)

2018-06-01, 12:37:42

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Im getting this weird effect of a shadow on an object even when its being lit by a spot. It doesnt go away when the spots in lightmix are turned off and its there in the beauty pass. any ideas?

2018-06-01, 15:03:38
Reply #1

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
What are the objects you're referring to? If it's the pictures on the wall, then i'd say, it looks like problems with normals (smoothing groups). Try to add smooth modifier with auto smooth turned off and see if that solves your problem.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2018-06-01, 16:29:23
Reply #2

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
What are the objects you're referring to? If it's the pictures on the wall, then i'd say, it looks like problems with normals (smoothing groups). Try to add smooth modifier with auto smooth turned off and see if that solves your problem.

I am referrring to the pictures yes The problem still persists with the smooth modifier and autosmooth.
Turns out the normal map applied to them was causing issues so i deleted it.

2018-06-02, 01:14:17
Reply #3

DPS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Sometimes the automated methods won't cut it.

Try removing smooth groups and see if that fixes it - if it does then either do a search on how smooth groups work and apply manually or you could add another iteration or two to the chamfers and then the autosmooth will work.
Specs: AMD 1950X, Aorus Gaming 7 x399, 64GB RAM, 1080ti. Win10, Max 2017, Corona 1.7.3