Author Topic: Classical apartment product showcase  (Read 16104 times)

2018-04-05, 23:11:46
Reply #30

Artisticpixel

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • artisticpixel
(but I hate how it doesn't play nicely in viewport with camera shift... ugh).

I am very glad to hear I am not the only one with the crazy viewport issue with DOF, feels like I am drunk while working with it switched on.

Unfortunately the high end Luxury Hotels want to see the room dressed as it would when you first walk in, so pretty much ironed sheets with absolutely nothing out of place. Personally I like the 'lived in' look but those are kept for personal work when I can find the time.

2018-04-06, 00:05:10
Reply #31

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
You can turn off the viewport preview with maxscript command, but then you loose the previews. But it stops the vertigo ;- ).

Perfectly ironed and styled bed might be as hard if not harder to do properly, esp. doing the perfect topsheet tuck-in. We might give that a try if opportunity presents.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2018-04-06, 01:09:30
Reply #32

lupaz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Just very subtle, a bit of dehazing and color tint to backgrounds.

Hi Juraj. Excellent work and thank you for sharing knowledge.

What do you mean by dehazing? Sounds interesting.

2018-04-06, 02:01:26
Reply #33

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Just very subtle, a bit of dehazing and color tint to backgrounds.

Hi Juraj. Excellent work and thank you for sharing knowledge.

What do you mean by dehazing? Sounds interesting.

Heh, I mean that quite literally this time, CameraRaw has this parameter called "dehaze" which can reduce fog/haze/mist (or other low-contrast areas).. OR you can use negative value to introduce haze.
I selectively paint it over some areas if I feel "bloom/glare" didn't do sufficient job, or I wanted more localized effect.

I generally find Corona's bloom/glare rather weird but I also dislike using ArionFX (and saving linear files) so I simulate lot of effects by hand. Tiresome but at least I retain control over the look.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models

2018-04-06, 16:22:01
Reply #34

lupaz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Heh, I mean that quite literally this time, CameraRaw has this parameter called "dehaze" which can reduce fog/haze/mist (or other low-contrast areas).. OR you can use negative value to introduce haze.
I selectively paint it over some areas if I feel "bloom/glare" didn't do sufficient job, or I wanted more localized effect.

I generally find Corona's bloom/glare rather weird but I also dislike using ArionFX (and saving linear files) so I simulate lot of effects by hand. Tiresome but at least I retain control over the look.

Oh! Photoshop you mean.
That's so weird. So you use it mostly to increase contrast and also add haze on the exterior (?). Do you see a difference between that and just curves?.
I would've never thought of dehaze to deal with contrast on renderings. Great trick.

I'm not sure why you put in the same equation bloom and glare though. To me those just add an effect to "hot" areas...

2018-04-07, 01:03:25
Reply #35

Mr.Max

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Impressive work ..I'm  really in love with the lighting  here !
Also thanks for answering all the questions here  as always ,that's so generous of you to do so !
Aside question tho..I did few renders for lighting products and usually they ask for a night or at least dark mood render as addition  ..how did you go with the decision  to go with bright mood?
Simply, I love to put pixels together! Sounds easy right : ))
https://www.behance.net/NawrasRyhan

2018-04-08, 17:26:15
Reply #36

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website

Oh! Photoshop you mean.
That's so weird. So you use it mostly to increase contrast and also add haze on the exterior (?). Do you see a difference between that and just curves?.
I would've never thought of dehaze to deal with contrast on renderings. Great trick.

I'm not sure why you put in the same equation bloom and glare though. To me those just add an effect to "hot" areas...

Specialized tools like 'dehaze' or 'clarity' aren't comparable to curves/levels, so they aren't interchangeable by any means.

I've put 'dehaze' with negative value, thus we can call it rather "add-haze" ;- ) on par to bloom because that's the effect I achieve with it. Both simulate bright light travelling through areas with tiny particles (dust,etc..).
I mentioned I use it to creatively enhance areas that I feel might benefit from the treatment, so it's just localized feature. Same way people use vignetting creatively instead of just lens (d)effect.

I think something was lost in translation as this is absolutely normal retouching technique. There are things I still rather depend on manual touch than have it only procedurally from framebuffer, particularly in case of Bloom&Glare because I don't find its implementation in Corona to be of high enough quality.

Impressive work ..I'm  really in love with the lighting  here !
Also thanks for answering all the questions here  as always ,that's so generous of you to do so !
Aside question tho..I did few renders for lighting products and usually they ask for a night or at least dark mood render as addition  ..how did you go with the decision  to go with bright mood?

There was no request for any particular mood from client but it somehow came naturally. His reference (part of which was our older project for Jessica Vedel) showed natural daylight so with that I went.
I don't think their intention was to show the lamp functionality but instead how they look and how well they can blend into the space as natural (sculptural) feature of it.

But we generally get far less requests for dusk or night shots than what seems to be common (despite having two projects in portfolio completely based on dusk mood). Our clients just like the daylight same as we do :- ).

2018-04-08, 19:28:26
Reply #37

Mr.Max

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Our clients just like the daylight same as we do :- ).
I remember almost the same quote from MIR team but for their mood =D

Thanks for answering again !
Simply, I love to put pixels together! Sounds easy right : ))
https://www.behance.net/NawrasRyhan

2018-04-08, 20:19:29
Reply #38

lupaz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
You can turn off the viewport preview with maxscript command, but then you loose the previews. But it stops the vertigo ;- ).

In case anyone else was wondering, I found this as the script to disable it:

(nitrousgraphicsmanager.getactiveviewportsetting()).DOFEnabled=false