Author Topic: Strange Artefacts  (Read 2818 times)

2017-10-24, 09:58:25

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I left my render overnight (16hrs+ , 38000 passes!) but i noticed these strange artefacts like enlarged pixels on the render that persisted after denoising.
The rest of the render is clean but as you can see from the crop there are some weird things going on. Any ideas why? I thought it was jpeg compression but its too uniform and is in the VFB like this too.
Happy to send the scene if needs be.

2017-10-24, 10:18:01
Reply #1

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
I think it's denoising artefacts. Latey i noticed that denoiser does pretty bad job with textures. Don't know if it always been like that or if that some recent changes, need to investigate. As for your case, why do you need denoise after 40k passes? The render should be clean as a whistle even without denoiser.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2017-10-24, 10:24:21
Reply #2

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I think it's denoising artefacts. Latey i noticed that denoiser does pretty bad job with textures. Don't know if it always been like that or if that some recent changes, need to investigate. As for your case, why do you need denoise after 40k passes? The render should be clean as a whistle even without denoiser.

They were there before and after denoising.
I had denoising enabled and i just let it do its thing. It was clean AF beforehand as you say apart from this area.

2017-10-24, 10:46:41
Reply #3

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
ok, I am interested in the scene ;)
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2017-10-24, 10:54:39
Reply #4

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
ok, I am interested in the scene ;)

Would you like it on mantis or just uploaded?

2017-10-24, 21:09:39
Reply #5

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
upload it via the private uploader and post the filename here please ;)
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2017-10-26, 09:54:21
Reply #6

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
upload it via the private uploader and post the filename here please ;)

Here you go; 1509004179_Furniture-renderbox.max

2017-11-02, 11:36:38
Reply #7

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Hi, I finally found some time to open your scene, but it was uploaded without textures, so it's not really usable. Can you re-upload an archived version? Without the textures it just renders black screen as it looks like there is hdri lighting used only.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2017-11-06, 09:50:46
Reply #8

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi, I finally found some time to open your scene, but it was uploaded without textures, so it's not really usable. Can you re-upload an archived version? Without the textures it just renders black screen as it looks like there is hdri lighting used only.

Oops my bad, yes ill do that today with the HDR included