Author Topic: 'Keep aspect /proportions' on Corona Bitmap  (Read 5203 times)

2017-04-25, 10:22:01

LKEdesign

• Active Users
  • I'm addicted to Corona Render and I need NO cure.
    • View Profile
    • LKE Design Web-site
It would be cool if you Coulter add  'keep aspect / proportions' option in real World Scale on Corona Bitmaps. Should be an easy task to do but has tremendous effect on the workflow, - at least for me.
I have never really understood why this feature has ben left out, as it extremely useful.

Thanks
All the best,
LKE Design
See my work at: http://www.lkedesign.dk/en/portfolio_en.html

2017-10-27, 15:50:02
Reply #1

LKEdesign

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • LKE Design Web-site
Any movement on this topic? It is still very much missed
All the best,
LKE Design

2017-10-27, 15:51:34
Reply #2

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
That could be implemented universally though no ? I can see it being useful without real-world too :- )
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2017-10-27, 15:56:48
Reply #3

LKEdesign

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • LKE Design Web-site
Absolutely Juraj, - and I can't get why it hasn't been implemented in 3DS MAX since day one of using bitmaps  - or at least when Real World Scale was implemented. But isn't that Autodesk in a nutshell?? :)   So my hopes are higher at the Corona Team - and thats why I ask them to implement it, as history has taught me that it will take far too long at Autodesk, - if ever
« Last Edit: 2017-10-27, 16:00:36 by LKEdesign »
All the best,
LKE Design

2017-10-27, 17:16:42
Reply #4

PROH

• Active Users
    • View Profile
+1 for that, and if this could be expanded with a "link" feature where all bitmaps with "link" activated in a material would follow size changes made to one "linked" bitmap (a'la PS layers), then this would give an even greater speed up = +1000

2017-10-27, 18:04:05
Reply #5

Kalopsia

• Active Users
  • Kalopsia Visual Studio
    • View Profile
    • Kalopsia Visual Studio
+1 for that, and if this could be expanded with a "link" feature where all bitmaps with "link" activated in a material would follow size changes made to one "linked" bitmap (a'la PS layers), then this would give an even greater speed up = +1000

All of this can be done if you use a bezier float controller and link to the bitmap.
But I do agree that a simple chain-link for aspect in any Map parameter would be useful
Rendering since 2014

2017-10-27, 19:14:17
Reply #6

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models

What we really need, is separate Coordinates node. Waiting for it since first day i started to use slate editor...
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2017-10-27, 23:50:29
Reply #7

LKEdesign

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • LKE Design Web-site

All of this can be done if you use a bezier float controller and link to the bitmap.
But I do agree that a simple chain-link for aspect in any Map parameter would be useful

Well i have a setup like this having coordinates and rotation linked for diffuse, reflection and bump - but I would still like a proportion lock for a bitmap.
All the best,
LKE Design

2017-10-28, 18:18:07
Reply #8

Kalopsia

• Active Users
  • Kalopsia Visual Studio
    • View Profile
    • Kalopsia Visual Studio
What we really need, is separate Coordinates node. Waiting for it since first day i started to use slate editor...

How would this node work? What is the exact idea you have in mind?
Rendering since 2014

2017-10-28, 19:52:31
Reply #9

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile

It means that the Coordinates rollout currently present in maps/textures would be a separate node that would be able to hold as many maps as you need, making it possible to change coordinates on all nested maps in one go.

I guess the Bercon Mapping node is a good replacement for now but yes, this should be a standard map type shipping with Max.

2017-10-29, 10:59:13
Reply #10

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Yup, UVW coordinates (including crop option) node would be fantastic. But damn this was 3dsMax job.

Anyone wants to look how it works in practice needs only to start Unreal.

There is possible workaround that requires bit of setup in my Megascan tutorial, using linear float nodes connected to multiple UVW coordinates of bitmaps. Not as super easy as connected UVW node directly would have been.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models

2017-10-29, 13:20:50
Reply #11

Kalopsia

• Active Users
  • Kalopsia Visual Studio
    • View Profile
    • Kalopsia Visual Studio

It means that the Coordinates rollout currently present in maps/textures would be a separate node that would be able to hold as many maps as you need, making it possible to change coordinates on all nested maps in one go.

I guess the Bercon Mapping node is a good replacement for now but yes, this should be a standard map type shipping with Max.

Ahh I get the idea, this is related to what I am talking about in my request for Multimap or UvwRandomizer.
https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=18042.0

Basically we are getting of topic. This feature request is about the use of a chain link so we don't need to set 2 parameters that are going to be the same.
This gives me an idea for another parameter which should be linked together XD the IOR
https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=18053.0
Rendering since 2014

2017-10-29, 13:26:35
Reply #12

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Controller nodes are great, but not as Transform node susbtitute. Completely agree with Juraj, that it's not Corona Team's job to implement that, but maybe they could code it and sell it to Autodesk, otherwise it might never happen :]
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2017-10-29, 14:08:27
Reply #13

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Maybe they could code it and sell it to Autodesk, otherwise it might never happen :]

This might sound like a joke or wishful thinking, but this actually does work with lot of developers these days :- ).

Recent Unreal 4.18 version includes upgrades from both the devs and users, who directly made their implementations on github (since full source and all the branches are available to public).

Yeah I know...that's not gonna happen in 3dsMax, but what a nice a dream huh.

2017-10-31, 01:06:14
Reply #14

PROH

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Since Coronas philosophy is to make rendering easier, I can't see why they shouldn't do this - even if it should have been done by Autodesk a long time ago. I'm sure that both Corona and their users would benefit from it :)