Author Topic: Problem with scene that reaches physical memory  (Read 1714 times)

2014-08-13, 03:02:21

juang3d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi there.

I have a scene that uses more than 8Gb of ram, wich is the ram I have in some nodes, somfar. I had no problem with those nodes, but in the latest scene it seems that corona eats all the node memory in the precalc phase and it kills those nodes, so backburner crashes everything, I know that eventually those nodes pass the precalc phase and corona starts to render with a much lower memory print.

Any ideas on how to face this, this  makes some of my nodes completely unusable, and I need those nodes, it's an animation with a 1hour per frame or more, so I need ecery Ghz I can get.

Cheers.

2014-08-13, 03:28:39
Reply #1

juang3d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Ok, weird thing.

I reduced the scene memory print, now it fits in around 6Gb without barely any change (seriously, I'm not sure what did I do to get such incredible improvement), not the thing is that I have a pair of nodes with just 4Gbs (4 Gbs wrecked last week) and in those nodes, the memory seems to be very well managed, it never reaches more than 91/92 %, with the old scene in some computers with 8Gb the scene forced max to eat up to 99% of the memory, so the computer nearly froze.

Why is there such difference in memory management? A scene that does not fit in come computers goes beyond 98% of ram eated, and in some others it is very well managed and does not eat more than 89/90% as maximum.

Cheers.

2014-08-18, 01:26:54
Reply #2

juang3d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Anyone? No idea on how to deal with this?

Cheers.