Author Topic: CoronaWire not supported with 2.5D disp, but I don't see any warning message  (Read 2214 times)

2020-03-24, 01:50:24

cecofuli

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • www.francescolegrenzi.com
Hello,

as in the title.

CoronaWire is not supported with 2.5D displacement, but I don't see any warning message.
When I turn off this new option, everything is fine and I'm able to the "back edges" created by the displacement and CoronaWire.

Also, in the help desk I don't see any info about this bug.
I know that it will be fixed in v6.0 or 7.0.
A warning message will be welcomed =)

« Last Edit: 2020-03-24, 02:00:11 by cecofuli »

2020-03-24, 12:58:20
Reply #1

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
Hi,

We have this issue reported in our internal tracker and are aware of it.

In the mean time I will see if it is possible to add a warning message that it is not supported/working currently.

Rowan

(Internal ID=415540509)
« Last Edit: 2020-03-24, 13:05:58 by rowmanns »
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2023-11-22, 13:52:13
Reply #3

n2graf

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Another question.

I have realized that the strategy of using the coronaWire in the base color (diffuse) to visualize the retriangulations made by the displacement no longer works. It doesn't work on either the legacy or the physical. It could be fixed, it was very useful to explain how coronadisplacement works

2023-11-22, 14:29:53
Reply #4

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
I have realized that the strategy of using the coronaWire in the base color (diffuse) to visualize the retriangulations made by the displacement no longer works. It doesn't work on either the legacy or the physical. It could be fixed, it was very useful to explain how coronadisplacement works

AFAIK that stopped working since introduction of 2.5D displacement, i.e. long time ago. Sometimes i miss that neat feature too.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures