Author Topic: Daily Builds 1.0 - 1.4  (Read 244840 times)

2016-03-29, 05:00:11
Reply #1095

Christa Noel

• Active Users
  • God bless us everyone
    • View Profile
    • dionch.studio
hi guys, I got the bugs render region + denoiser too. bormax has explained it well.
and then, DR still doesn't work at all after 1.3 or in all pre1.4 builds. I got "got no response from 3ds max, aborting","DR is finished","Closed loopback connection".. does the DR pre-1.4 builds work in your machines guys? or I'm the only one who experience this... I just switched to 1.3 and it works nicely.
thanx

2016-03-29, 07:52:34
Reply #1096

snakebox

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Snakebox Media
hi guys, I got the bugs render region + denoiser too. bormax has explained it well.
and then, DR still doesn't work at all after 1.3 or in all pre1.4 builds. I got "got no response from 3ds max, aborting","DR is finished","Closed loopback connection".. does the DR pre-1.4 builds work in your machines guys? or I'm the only one who experience this... I just switched to 1.3 and it works nicely.
thanx

you have  to be more specific, if anyone is going to have a chance of finding errors.  Which exact build did you use to test the render region + denoiser bug? 

2016-03-29, 14:38:09
Reply #1097

Dionysios.TS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolvia Imaging
Hi all! I am having a lot of issues lately with DR and the latest daily versions. I also opened a ticket some days ago.

Anyway, this morning I installed the 28/03/2016 and something weird is happening ONLY when I use DR.

I start the rendering process with a pass limit of 100 using my main workstation + 2 servers.
Once the engine arrives to 10 passes, stops! Like if I pressed the cancel rendering button and of course I didn't! :)

Denoise is off.
Adaptive is on as by default.
Time limit is everywhere set to 0 but even if I change any number the behavior is the same.

Can you guys check if you have the same problem?

Thanks in advance,

Dionysios -

2016-03-29, 14:57:24
Reply #1098

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Can you see if disabling adaptivity helps? The reason why I'm asking is that AFAIK adaptivity recalculation interval was set to 10 by default.
Do you have the same version of Corona installed on all PCs?
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2016-03-29, 16:20:26
Reply #1099

Dionysios.TS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolvia Imaging
Let me check!

2016-03-29, 16:32:41
Reply #1100

Dionysios.TS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolvia Imaging
Ok, I turned off adaptivity and I had no issues!
I confirm that all the PCs have the same version.

So this is what is happening:

- Adaptivity ON

Single PC works fine
DR stops working after 10 passes.

- Adaptivity OFF

Single PC works fine
DR works fine.

Dionysios -

2016-03-29, 17:00:11
Reply #1101

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Looks like velocity pass works. Kind of... Or I don't know how to use it properly. :)

2016-03-29, 17:05:31
Reply #1102

juang3d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
What comp software did you use?

It seems you have to multiply the velocity pass, try with a value of 10 and see the result, I found that situation in the past when I extracted velocity passes from mental ray, with Corona I just use motion blur and that's it hehe

Cheers.

2016-03-29, 17:08:21
Reply #1103

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Sorry, I rendered the Corona MB picture with some random values. Here is an adjusted image for comparison. I used Fusion. Here are the settings which worked... kind of. :)
Anyway, just testing how it works.

2016-03-29, 19:23:40
Reply #1104

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
does the DR pre-1.4 builds work in your machines guys?

nope:

DB1603**: DR + Denoising: Not possible (denoising starts before all data from slaves is collected)
DB160328: DR + Adaptivitiy: Stops after reaching end of synchronization interval which is 1 min. by default just like Dionysios.TS already described, DR + Denoising still not possible.

At least slaves seem to have given up the fight between each other for being the first writing render elements to the target directory :)

So currently DR in DBs works only here if used without denoising and adaptivity - two main features for 1.4 that is. But current dailies are more 'daily' than usual at the moment I presume, let´s wait for the next.

Good Luck

Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2016-03-29, 19:32:34
Reply #1105

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
we will take a look now that holidays are over
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2016-03-29, 22:13:28
Reply #1106

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
Looks like velocity pass works. Kind of... Or I don't know how to use it properly. :)

It's saved with wrong gamma. Add a BrightnessContrast node with gamma 2.2 and it works ;)

I would propose to use red and green for x and y (I guess green currently is the motion in camera direction?). That would match other renderers. Also, an optional checkbox for a shifted version at mid grey might be appropriate
Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature.

2016-03-29, 23:39:14
Reply #1107

cecofuli

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • www.francescolegrenzi.com
(*) Is it possible to add the "Noise limit" in the frame stamp? =)
(*) Noise limit = Sample error. But the names are different.
     Also, we need to add the the "unit" on the noise limit (%?). Because, now it isn't easy to understand what it means.

2016-04-04, 20:54:10
Reply #1108

Alexandre SCELLIER

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • www.alexandre-scellier.fr
Hi,
I would like to repport a problem. I recently installed new updates (Windows 10) and the last Daily Build doesn't work anymore. I can't render nor use the drServer as it gets stuck.
I tried installing a previous version and it works well within 3DS but doesn't render on drServer ...
Regards.
« Last Edit: 2016-04-04, 20:58:40 by Alexandre SCELLIER »

2016-04-05, 05:18:17
Reply #1109

fobus

• Active Users
    • View Profile
* - Fixed DR vs. adaptivity issues - adaptivity had to be disabled on render slaves

So no progress in rendering huge pictures with DoF etc. in DR mode?

Is it disabled as well in 1.4 DailyBuild Mar 12 2016?