Author Topic: Pale.  (Read 27186 times)

2019-08-28, 13:41:11

Nefeli Kallianou

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi guys! This is our last project i created with my colleague John Ninos.

Pale is a project that involved designing and visualizing an apartment that will be carefully composed to accommodate a set of images for branding purposes. We were committed to produce a bright flat with enlarged spaces, in modern minimalistic mood, maximizing as much natural light as possible. Having finished with our commercial part we got to develop our project a step further.

Pale.

ARCHITECTURE & INTERIOR

Pale interior concept residence is fluid and minimalistic, with tactile elegance emphasize on bright architectural aesthetic encompassing living, kitchen and dining room in an open space with no official dividing. The neutral Pale palette is displayed through raw materials including concrete, dry-shade terrazzo, glass, wood and plaster. Natural stone and concrete floors reflect natural light from full-height arch shaped openings bringing nature’s influence inside the house and referencing the colours of Nordic ambient. For the furnishing layout we pumped most of our items from Danish design brands. You’ll spot some design pieces by Bolia as the Herringbone Patterned Bar cabinet by the Luxe series combined with the Calice vase in warmth orange and the rod bookcase of glass and powder coated steel that lays behind the Eave modular sofa by Menu. We chose the PP589 Bench an iconic decades-old design from 1953 which originally conceived by Hans Wegner. Some decorative props are the Criver sculpture and the Sphere Vases from 101 Cph. Additionally we implement some furniture pieces with viennese weave that creates a mute and calm effect among the rough concrete surfaces.

CGI & ANIMATION

In the technical aspects, having finished with key framing of camera movements our purpose was  to give life and experiment with some props. Our intention was to achieve a feeling of a breeze that penetrates the main bedroom. With that being said we used Marvelous Designer to implement a wind simulation in order to give a slightly movement. Additionally a waving flame was added to the candle to enhance the flurry effect, which technical knowledge was absorbed by Johannes Lindqvist inspiring tutorials found on Patreon.

SCANNED TEXTURES

In the book close up shot we chose the Friendly Shade's Cotton Fabric 02 that pops up every little detail of the blanket's surface. As orange is the dominant colour in this shot we were looking for some kind of dried plant textures to pair it. We ended up using the megascans library, which variaty let us great freedom to choose.

Several scanned textures from both resources were used throughout Pale.

You can check the full project presentation on Behance:
https://www.behance.net/gallery/83794375/Pale

We hope you enjoy!

« Last Edit: 2019-08-28, 14:21:19 by Nefeli Kallianou »

2019-08-28, 14:02:01
Reply #1

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
It looks that you forgot most important part - insert pictures ;]
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2019-08-28, 14:45:14
Reply #2

Nefeli Kallianou

• Active Users
    • View Profile
It looks that you forgot most important part - insert pictures ;]

haha basically I miss clicked before the post was ready and it seems there was no way back, didn't have a delete button option :P

2019-08-28, 15:04:09
Reply #3

arqrenderz

• Active Users
  • https://www.behance.net/Arqrenderz1
    • View Profile
    • arqrenderz
WOW, perfect color pallete, nice cameras, music and theme. Perfect, Congrats!

2019-08-28, 15:16:18
Reply #4

agentdark45

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Wow, really great set of images! What's the exterior light setup here?

One small criticism on the animation is that it looks a tiny bit "choppy", was it done at 24fps?
Vray who?

2019-08-28, 16:14:46
Reply #5

steyin

• Active Users
  • BALLS
    • View Profile
    • Instagram Page
Very lovely.

2019-08-28, 16:37:40
Reply #6

Nefeli Kallianou

• Active Users
    • View Profile
WOW, perfect color pallete, nice cameras, music and theme. Perfect, Congrats!

Thank you for your kind words, glad to hear that!

2019-08-28, 16:43:37
Reply #7

Nefeli Kallianou

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Wow, really great set of images! What's the exterior light setup here?

One small criticism on the animation is that it looks a tiny bit "choppy", was it done at 24fps?

That's nice to hear, thank you for your feedback!
We have used an Hdri to light up the scene combined with some light planes.
Yes, exactly the animation was done in 24 fps.

2019-08-28, 16:53:20
Reply #8

zbieraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
3ds Max or Cinema 4D?

2019-08-28, 17:08:41
Reply #9

agentdark45

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Thanks for the reply! Would you mind posting up a link to where I can purchase the HDRI? Looks really clean/neutral without a colour cast (did you colour correct it?). I tend to shy away from HDRI's due to the colour cast issue (especially with white walls), generally sticking with Corona Sun + Sky which gives me quite a bit of control. That last render is epic - pure studio photo quality!

Re the animation I've found myself recently rendering at 30fps with fairly heavy motion blur then interpolating to 60fps in Resolve to get rid of the "juddering" that I sometimes get at 24fps on pan/zoom shots.
Vray who?

2019-08-28, 20:29:11
Reply #10

jamesdowling

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Atmos Visuals
These are such a nice set of renders! The styling and colour palete are spot on, well done :)

2019-08-28, 20:58:46
Reply #11

rampally

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Excellent job well executed.

2019-08-28, 21:11:33
Reply #12

cgbeast

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Important stuff: Render times per keyframe? In-house farm or outside farm? Noise level and denoising settings?

2019-08-29, 12:12:08
Reply #13

Nefeli Kallianou

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Very lovely.

Glad to hear that, thanks!

2019-08-29, 13:10:45
Reply #14

Nefeli Kallianou

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Thanks for the reply! Would you mind posting up a link to where I can purchase the HDRI? Looks really clean/neutral without a colour cast (did you colour correct it?). I tend to shy away from HDRI's due to the colour cast issue (especially with white walls), generally sticking with Corona Sun + Sky which gives me quite a bit of control. That last render is epic - pure studio photo quality!

Re the animation I've found myself recently rendering at 30fps with fairly heavy motion blur then interpolating to 60fps in Resolve to get rid of the "juddering" that I sometimes get at 24fps on pan/zoom shots.

Well for most of the scenes we used an HDRI from "HDRI Hub" we don't color correct them we usually choose a cloudy one to avoid blue/purple overcast. In some separate scenes we used corona sun combined with an HDRI (the entry scene of animation and the bedroom-closet shot). Finally, in the living room we used an HDRI we created from a previous project called "5th floor apartment", could call it inception!

https://www.hdri-hub.com/

Regarding the animation part, thank you for your tip will give it a try in Resolve next time!

We had tried in the past slowing it down in After Effects mostly to avoid render time. Although personally I prefer 30 fps in compare to 60 fps cause it feels more cinematic.