Author Topic: [solved] IR freezing  (Read 393 times)

2024-03-21, 00:28:11

Erich

• Active Users
    • View Profile
In my render setup, I have the perspective viewport selected and locked. However, I notice that the Corona IR does not update to reflect the view I have in 3ds Max - in fact it is completely frozen! I have tried shutting down 3ds Max and restarting, but the problem is not resolved. This has not happened before and I have not changed anything since it last worked!. I noticed that the IR does work if I start the IR in an active viewport, but if I start it in the VFB, it no longer works. Sometimes the IR in the VFB just shows black and no objects are displayed. If I just open the VFB, it also just appears black. What is going on?
« Last Edit: 2024-03-21, 17:54:30 by maru »

2024-03-21, 12:27:44
Reply #1

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Not heard of this before, we'd need info, at very least Max version and Corona version, but also is this every scene or a particular one? Any recent updates to Max, Corona, or Windows? Also useful would be a scene file where this happens to you, which can be sent privately via ticket at https://support.chaos.com/requests/new (include a link to this forum post so we can connect the dots, ty!)
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2024-03-21, 17:42:53
Reply #2

Erich

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Not heard of this before, we'd need info, at very least Max version and Corona version, but also is this every scene or a particular one? Any recent updates to Max, Corona, or Windows? Also useful would be a scene file where this happens to you, which can be sent privately via ticket at https://support.chaos.com/requests/new (include a link to this forum post so we can connect the dots, ty!)

Thanks for replying TomG. The folks at support were able to find a resolution. It turns out I had a region in the VFB. In case someone else might encounter this, here is how to resolve it: Open the VFB. At he top of the window click on Region and select Disable all. That resolved this for me. Thanks to Arpit at the Chaos support team for this solution. :)