Author Topic: Mercedes Maybach 6 Concept  (Read 10509 times)

2016-09-02, 09:54:49

-Ben-Battler-

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi there

Where working on a 3d model of the new Mercedes Maybach 6 Concept car. It is completely based on reference photos since there are no blueprints out there in the www.

On a personal note I'd be interested to hear what you think of the design of this car. From what I've seen so far it seems to polarize people's opinions quite a lot.
Visit boxel

2016-09-02, 10:32:34
Reply #1

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
On a personal note I'd be interested to hear what you think of the design of this car. From what I've seen so far it seems to polarize people's opinions quite a lot.
is it an electromobile? If not, this would be probably the first petrol/diesel powered dildo in the world :D
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2016-09-02, 11:13:52
Reply #2

-Ben-Battler-

• Active Users
    • View Profile
is it an electromobile? If not, this would be probably the first petrol/diesel powered dildo in the world :D

Haha, unfortunately (in this context) it's fully electric. I gather that comparing a car's design to a dildo isn't much of a compliment xD

To all the experienced car modellers out there: How do you normally create the folds between the different panels in an easy way and avoiding dents and uneven transitions between them?

If you model the seams and then add a TS on top it distorts the whole topology and improving that is nasty. We're now in the process of making all the body perfect and then baking the TS and at the end adding the seams in another Edit Poly on top of the high poly car. This is a destructive workflow but I can't help myself...
Visit boxel

2016-09-02, 11:22:36
Reply #3

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Looks like giant Radeon card to me :]
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2016-09-02, 11:53:55
Reply #4

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
Reminds me of:
(couldn't find english version unfrotunately)

2016-09-02, 12:29:30
Reply #5

Jadefox

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Renderlab
I've seen other angles and even the interior , its actually spectacular..
and for you to model it from photos, just plain WOW !

2016-09-02, 13:28:29
Reply #6

-Ben-Battler-

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks for all the creative contributions to this thread, I had a blast :)

I've seen other angles and even the interior , its actually spectacular..

Yes, design-wise it's quite a bold concept. I personally like the Cruella de Vil styled proportions and the fact that it's electric.
Visit boxel

2016-09-02, 13:43:52
Reply #7

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Have observed from past decade or two... Merc has lost it's line design identity (with a couple of exceptions) came to be rip off of different motives at best (mostly BMW, Porsche, Jag, Aston, FIAT, Nissan...).   

2016-09-02, 14:08:56
Reply #8

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Fixed.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2016-09-02, 14:48:06
Reply #9

-Ben-Battler-

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Have observed from past decade or two... Merc has lost it's line design identity (with a couple of exceptions) came to be rip off of different motives at best (mostly BMW, Porsche, Jag, Aston, FIAT, Nissan...).   

Hmm, I feel different about that. Not that I'd have observed it for the last 20 years but I think that Mercs have a uniquely streamlined shape which stands out from others.
(Not that I liked it better just because of that..)

I see what you did there Maru.. :)

Maybe you like the design more from this perspective.

We settled with modelling the folds after TS-ing which turned out to be much more comfy.
Visit boxel

2016-09-02, 15:26:41
Reply #10

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile

Yes, design-wise it's quite a bold concept. I personally like the Cruella de Vil styled proportions and the fact that it's electric.

Cruella de Ville proportions, that's exactly it! Personally I like it, but I have a thing for bonnets (hoods) that go on forever in front of the driver lol.
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2016-09-02, 15:30:02
Reply #11

-Ben-Battler-

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Cruella de Ville proportions, that's exactly it! Personally I like it, but I have a thing for bonnets (hoods) that go on forever in front of the driver lol.

I suffer from the same taste :) That's why I always liked the Nova from X3 Reunion so much.
Visit boxel

2016-09-02, 15:46:53
Reply #12

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
You know what Freud would say, right?
btw, I'm driving this, just saying...  http://jfs24.com/data_images/reviews/audi-a2/audi-a2-07.jpg
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2016-09-02, 16:53:02
Reply #13

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Let me fix that for you ;]
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2016-09-02, 17:08:16
Reply #14

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
That Nova would make a nice car, where can I get one :)

Lol, dang Freud - as one lecturer used to say, Freud's theories were a great description of Freud, more so than a great description of everyone!

And nice fix Romulus!

And so as not to be completely off-topic, I hope to see more renders from this project too!
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2016-09-02, 23:03:53
Reply #15

-Ben-Battler-

• Active Users
    • View Profile
There you go.

I'm leaving for South France now. More to come later, enjoy your weekend.
Visit boxel