Author Topic: Chaos Corona 9 for 3ds Max - Daily Builds Discussion  (Read 42933 times)

2022-09-28, 17:16:39
Reply #120

danio1011

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Small bug (I think) in the build from 9-27.  If you have IR running in a viewport, and you select your camera, goto Modify tab > Tone Mapping, say 'Copy from Global' and the override check box checks itself, and you goto 'Edit', it has no effect on the exposure until you restart IR.

Hopefully that explanation is clear.  Thanks!
Daniel

2022-09-28, 18:46:29
Reply #121

Basshunter

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Small bug (I think) in the build from 9-27.  If you have IR running in a viewport, and you select your camera, goto Modify tab > Tone Mapping, say 'Copy from Global' and the override check box checks itself, and you goto 'Edit', it has no effect on the exposure until you restart IR.

Daniel

Same problem here.

2022-09-28, 18:53:09
Reply #122

Basshunter

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I also have problems with Chaos Scatter not updating distribution changes on viewport or IR (see attached video)

I'm trying to distribute some chairs using Scatter grid pattern on a rectangle spline. However, changes in the spacing parameter are not updated. I have to pause and restart IR in order for the changes to appear on the viewport and render. Same happens when I move the rectangle spline. Scattered objects stay the same. Once again I have to restart IR to see the changes.

I'm on Max 2022.2 and Corona 2022-09-26.exe
« Last Edit: 2022-09-28, 19:00:01 by Basshunter »

2022-09-29, 09:46:28
Reply #123

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile

Daniel

Same problem here.
Hi,

Thanks for reporting this, I can reproduce it here too.

I have sent it on to the devs for investigation.

Cheers!

(Internal ID=971998687)
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2022-09-29, 09:56:22
Reply #124

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
I also have problems with Chaos Scatter not updating distribution changes on viewport or IR (see attached video)

I'm trying to distribute some chairs using Scatter grid pattern on a rectangle spline. However, changes in the spacing parameter are not updated. I have to pause and restart IR in order for the changes to appear on the viewport and render. Same happens when I move the rectangle spline. Scattered objects stay the same. Once again I have to restart IR to see the changes.

Hey,

So far I couldn't reproduce this, in my case the scatter seems to update correctly.

Maybe I have my scatter set up differently, could you send me over this scene? I will PM you a link to send it directly to me.

Cheers,

Rowan
Send me your scene!

2022-09-29, 12:17:31
Reply #125

aaouviz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Another Angle 3D
Ok, hear me out, I'm going a little crazy here. Corona Daily Sept 26, Max 2023.1, Windows 10.

I'm trying to do a background override. I've done this a million times in the past without much problem.

Currently the scene is quite basic, 2 materials (both CoronaPhysical) on a large imported file. Though now I'm also testing on a completely blank scene with nothing but sun (clouds disabled).

Problem #1: If I set the CoronaBitmap in the override slot with the image I want to use, I get an Nan error. Every time. If I use a different image, I get no error. If I downsize my original image, re-save, different extension, different format settings, I still get the Nan. Again, this is only happening for the image I WANT to use. If I test a random image, no error.

Problem #2: Often the background override doesn't work at all. Just black. If I choose the same image from a different folder... IT WORKS!? Yes, I am using Dropbox, but still, if I test the image in a different (non-dropbox) folder it works, but also works in different dropbox folders. Just the original folder doesn't work for some reason. Very, very weird.

I know this is all a bit hard to follow from my rambling, but I'm losing my sanity a bit here...

Any ideas?

Edit:
Problem 1: This seems to have something to do with ToneMapControl. If I plug this into the background override scene I get the NaN eror. If I then and unplug it, save, re-open the NaN is still an issue. If I never plug in a TonemapControl this isn't an issue.

Problem 2: It seems if I load an image, ANY image, while IR is NOT running, the background is black. Even if I restart IR, the image will remain black. If I change the bitmap input while IR IS running, the image appears as expected, even after a restart of IR. Very strange bug, hopefully reproduceable.
« Last Edit: 2022-09-29, 12:37:48 by aaouviz »
Nicolas Pratt
Another Angle 3D
https://www.instagram.com/anotherangle3d/

2022-09-29, 12:33:48
Reply #126

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models

Check if your scatter object is set to update manually - ChaosScatter->viewport display->update automatically
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2022-09-29, 16:39:18
Reply #127

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Ok, hear me out, I'm going a little crazy here. Corona Daily Sept 26, Max 2023.1, Windows 10.

I have started 2 support tickets for you (58843, 58844). Please check your inbox at i***@**********e.ee

Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2022-09-30, 13:53:43
Reply #128

aaouviz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Another Angle 3D

I have started 2 support tickets for you (58843, 58844). Please check your inbox at i***@**********e.ee

Great, thank you. I'm thinking it must be the scene... a lot more weird stuff going on! So I've sent you the archive (sorry it's so large).

Another example of weirdness happening in this scene, the bitmaps are corrupting somehow. See attached screenshot. The textures are rendering like this!

Edit; this seems to probably be resolved with the latest daily
« Last Edit: 2022-09-30, 19:28:51 by aaouviz »
Nicolas Pratt
Another Angle 3D
https://www.instagram.com/anotherangle3d/

2022-10-03, 09:48:30
Reply #129

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile

Daniel

Same problem here.

Hi,

This is fixed in v9 RC1

Cheers,

Rowan
Send me your scene!

2022-10-03, 17:37:06
Reply #130

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile

Great, thank you. I'm thinking it must be the scene... a lot more weird stuff going on! So I've sent you the archive (sorry it's so large).

Another example of weirdness happening in this scene, the bitmaps are corrupting somehow. See attached screenshot. The textures are rendering like this!

Edit; this seems to probably be resolved with the latest daily

I have continued in the support ticket. For me, the issue with wrong material editor thumbnails goes away as soon as I update the previews.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2022-10-04, 21:06:51
Reply #131

leo.birck

• Active Users
    • View Profile
i have some mistake happneing when i use "photographic exposure" in tonemapping during IR.
Every change during the IR  the  exposure reset to less then default (look like that ignore the Photographic exp set) and the frame buffer appear too dark (simple exposure on "zero")
but, if i unchek and check the photographic exposure the image bring normal again

Follow the print attached

1 before every change
2 when i changing the color of some stuff during of IR
3 when i uncheck the P.E
4 when i check again the P.E

2022-10-05, 00:18:46
Reply #132

shortcirkuit

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Devs

Latest Daily - when i try and import an asset from Chaos Cosmos, it crashes max (max 2023.2)
on new downloaded assets its worked fine, but when i download the 'shutters' assets it crashes max
« Last Edit: 2022-10-05, 00:31:07 by shortcirkuit »

2022-10-05, 12:53:59
Reply #133

Dionysios.TS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolvia Imaging
Hi all,

with the latest build I've noticed that sending a job to Backburner, when the server starts the job all the Tonemapping settings turn back to reset.
I tried more than once and this is happening always.

Thanks,

Dionysios -

2022-10-05, 13:35:36
Reply #134

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
Hi Devs

Latest Daily - when i try and import an asset from Chaos Cosmos, it crashes max (max 2023.2)
on new downloaded assets its worked fine, but when i download the 'shutters' assets it crashes max
will be fixed in next RC
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)