Author Topic: Cathedral Animation  (Read 36449 times)

2013-12-05, 17:38:03
Reply #15

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website

Amazing work! Proves that Corona can be used for RPG cinematics. ;)

Hah, I thought the same inside head :- D Waited if it turns into something Blizzard/Blur likes.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2013-12-05, 17:43:55
Reply #16

daniel.reutersward

• Active Users
    • View Profile

For animations I try to get the best balance of AA, pt and light samples. That means balancing the pt and lt multipliers is an essential part of my settings. The default is fine most of the time but if things get ugly (like the cathedral with those little windows) you need to be aware that direct lighting can be a way bigger problem than GI. In my Scene I have the multipliers at 40 for pt and 18 for light (this is NOT a new default for everyone to use blindly!).
The important thing to remember here is that the noise always has it's origin somewhere, be it direct lighting or GI or AA and that can be easily seen in the respective Render elements (directlighting and DiffuseGI).
Concerning AA: if lt and pt look fine you can try to optimize AA - that means less pt and lt per pass. Instead of 40 / 18 I try 20 / 9, which means double AA in the same time.

Another important thing: Don't mess with MSI. 20 is really a good default and you should only set it higher if there's a clear reason for it. I actually try setting it lower if I can - but 20 is pretty good already.

Thank you for the pointers regarding animation settings! :)

2013-12-05, 17:48:29
Reply #17

prin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Wow Wow Wow!!!

2013-12-05, 18:40:02
Reply #18

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
Thanks again for all the comments! :)

The glare on the organ pipes? Can that be done in Corona or is it post?
It's postwork. It's made with several layered glows :)
But if you were using Vray before you can use Vrays post effects with corona (..if you really want to)

Damn, I was expecting the fragmentation! :D
I stopped working with Thinking particles years ago so I don't really believe it will happen but.. who knows ;)
Did you somehow render the faked fog independently?
It's rendered independently (and I recommend to do that!). If you render it with the beauty it will take a lot more time and make everything way more complicated. It's rendered in a separate file with black geometry, disabled GI and optimized settings.
What did the light samples multiplier change? There doesn't seem to be much visible direct light...
The direct light includes the whole skylight from outside, not just the sun, so it's very important for the scene (see the attached image).

Amazing work! Proves that Corona can be used for RPG cinematics. ;)
Hah, I thought the same inside head :- D Waited if it turns into something Blizzard/Blur likes.
I'd really appreciate to see more game/animation stuff done with Corona ;) Unfortunately 95% of the gallery stuff is Archviz only
Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature.

2013-12-05, 22:15:43
Reply #19

Polymax

• Active Users
  • CG Generalist
    • View Profile
    • maxkagirov.com
Really proffesional work. Very cool!
Corona - the best rendering solution!

2013-12-05, 23:43:53
Reply #20

chilombiano

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hats off. Great work. I find myself modelling a little church these days and man they are a pain in the ass.

2013-12-06, 05:59:00
Reply #21

skinny_santa

• Active Users
    • View Profile
devil may cry :D
using corona before it was cool :3

2013-12-07, 20:56:14
Reply #22

rafpug

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello Dead

Perfect! sehr schön.

It would be nice is a short video tutorial on how to get to create this effect volumetric

Regard
Raf

2013-12-07, 21:19:24
Reply #23

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
I really appreciate all of your comments guys! Thanks for commenting :)

It would be nice is a short video tutorial on how to get to create this effect volumetric

very cool happened, and how to make the fog?
It's a very nasty trick ;)
http://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php/topic,276

There's not really much more to it than what is already said in the Topic linked above ;) It's just a plane with motion blur and some white material + translucency for backlight. If you don't need it immediately I would recommend to wait for Keymasters implementation of participating media, because - as i said above - it's a very nasty trick and that's why I don't want to do a tutorial about it.

2013-12-08, 22:07:16
Reply #24

frebel

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • CG Portfolio
Amazing work man, nice see some animations using corona !!!

2014-03-02, 00:18:43
Reply #25

Alex Abarca

• Active Users
  • Corona Certified Instructor
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
Can you show us your lighting set up? and also some Raw renders? I would like to see how you got from RAW to post. Thank you, great work.

2014-03-03, 19:53:47
Reply #26

claudiostacciarini

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • LumiDigital
Really amazing, thanks for share!

2014-03-03, 21:20:50
Reply #27

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
Thanks for your comments!

Can you show us your lighting set up? and also some Raw renders? I would like to see how you got from RAW to post. Thank you, great work.
Lightsetup ended up being pretty simple (although I experimented several months with it). It's just a CoronaSun and an Hdri (attachment).
I also attached a full size raw render :)

2014-03-04, 01:18:56
Reply #28

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Ha, interesting, the Raw looks so real :- ) Maybe different post strategy could ensue dramatic look without compromising the realism which was slightly lost in the original post (even though it then looked like awesome cinematic). Can't really tell what, just what came to my mind.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2014-03-04, 05:09:29
Reply #29

Alex Abarca

• Active Users
  • Corona Certified Instructor
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
This is a Masterpiece Mr. Deadclown, did you do it? How about a break down video? you think you can whip one up?