Author Topic: Cathedral Animation  (Read 36623 times)

2014-03-04, 10:40:07
Reply #30

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
Ha, interesting, the Raw looks so real :- ) Maybe different post strategy could ensue dramatic look without compromising the realism which was slightly lost in the original post (even though it then looked like awesome cinematic). Can't really tell what, just what came to my mind.
*sigh* Yes, I always overdo my postwork. I like the cinematic look but it always gets cinematic somehow when I'm experimenting ;) Maybe I should ask someone else to try it. I guess I also tend to use the same kind of tools and approaches every time, so no surprise it always looks the same ;)

This is a Masterpiece Mr. Deadclown, did you do it? How about a break down video? you think you can whip one up?
Thanks! Yes, I did it (at least most of it, my colleagues helped me out with some assets). What would you like to see in the break down? I'm really not sure what would be interesting to see.
Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature.

2014-03-04, 13:09:59
Reply #31

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
yes, do eeet! ;) I can host it on the corona website
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2014-03-04, 19:17:06
Reply #32

Alex Abarca

• Active Users
  • Corona Certified Instructor
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
This is a Masterpiece Mr. Deadclown, did you do it? How about a break down video? you think you can whip one up?
Thanks! Yes, I did it (at least most of it, my colleagues helped me out with some assets). What would you like to see in the break down? I'm really not sure what would be interesting to see.
[/quote]

I don't know what you used for post, but I am assuming you used aftereffects. What would be cool to see is the layers you stacked on, and how you adjusted your color sat, contrast and everything. I know you included the wires in here but it would be cool to see those running in the video. Last and not least the epic fog you have going on in the scene.

2014-04-14, 11:51:06
Reply #33

Emmanuel Turquin

• Users
    • View Profile
Ohh, what a surprise it was to recognize the cathedral from my hometown (Laon, in France)!! This is an unbelievable model, and beautiful renders too, bravo Mr. DeadClown!!

2014-04-14, 13:20:30
Reply #34

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
Ohh, what a surprise it was to recognize the cathedral from my hometown (Laon, in France)!! This is an unbelievable model, and beautiful renders too, bravo Mr. DeadClown!!

Oh, how cool is that! I always wanted to see the cathedral with my own eyes, not just crappy photo reference :D So I guess you've found many things where the model differs from reality ;) Greetings to France!

2014-04-14, 15:17:08
Reply #35

Emmanuel Turquin

• Users
    • View Profile
So I guess you've found many things where the model differs from reality

Well no actually, it is very faithful! I've left the city almost 20 years ago, and only go back from time to time, and yet I almost instantly recognized it (although I couldn't believe it at first, since even in France Laon is not a well known city at all)! How comes you picked this cathedral in particular?

2014-04-14, 15:38:08
Reply #36

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
How comes you picked this cathedral in particular?

I guess it was pure coincidence. I didn't search for anything particular at first. I only knew that I needed some church or cathedral reference for testing purposes (first I only wanted to model some few parts for a physics simulation). Then I stumbled upon Laon and thought it would be relatively easy to do (which didn't turn out to be true :D ). The cathedral itself was not so hard to build but it was surprisingly difficult to light and render it - that's were Corona came into play.
Btw, Laon itself may not be known very well, but from what I learned while searching for reference material, the cathedral is kind of unique in this stylistic period and therefore often shown as an example in books and universities.

2014-05-03, 22:33:27
Reply #37

hemrie

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Really nice work.

2014-05-06, 11:51:58
Reply #38

ragnakim

• Active Users
    • View Profile
very very nice. no noise. congrats