Author Topic: Blender Exporter v3 released  (Read 161290 times)

2018-04-19, 08:12:22
Reply #30

spenrobert

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Here is the error I get. Still not working. It just never renders anything. So confusing....

2018-04-19, 08:18:10
Reply #31

blanchg

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Blender exporter for Corona
Basically the path in the settings isn't pointing to the corona renderer executable

2018-04-19, 10:35:16
Reply #32

spenrobert

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Oh my god, thanks!! Now I feel dumb...I realized just now that there was a tiny typo in my Windows instance. IT WORKS!!!! I guess I didn't try very hard in Windows since I tried mainly on the Mac side. For sure it doesn't work on my mac side, but this is good.

I do get one error upon rendering:

Error in.conf file 'Io::TextInputStream' (line 20) : Unknown type: string.
 Whole line : string system.randomSampler = HighDim5D

Is that normal? Seems like it's working but this error comes up every time. Thanks so much!!!

2018-04-19, 18:59:45
Reply #33

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yeah, that error appears with the use of later Corona SA builds supplied for Max/Cinema.

With the one advised to use on the Bitbucket page (Corona Build 2017-01-17) there's no such issue.

Note that you might also be unable to render lights with IES files. Probably even more errors might appear... since bridge is stagnating for the past half a year or more (since Aug./Sept. 2017)
« Last Edit: 2018-04-19, 19:04:28 by burnin »

2018-04-19, 20:35:18
Reply #34

monkriss

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Do we know how support is going to continue in the future? It would be great if there was an update soon to fix some issues that are mentioned on this forum :)

2018-04-19, 22:31:33
Reply #35

blanchg

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I would love to keep working on this but am stuck with no way to add more features now without dual booting my Mac and buying a full Corona license.

2018-04-20, 13:08:37
Reply #36

Zorian

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I would love to keep working on this but am stuck with no way to add more features now without dual booting my Mac and buying a full Corona license.

Is it possible to support you by patreon or something like this? Have you been spoken to Corona management about giving you an acces to licensed Corona? Currently I'm using licensed Corona for my work, because it's give me better quality of interior renders than using Cycles. So because of your addon they have got a new clients:) Inmo a really nice exporter can bring more blender users to this render engine.

2018-04-20, 19:28:40
Reply #37

spenrobert

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I agree. I would support this financially as well. It was going so well and you had developed one of the most promising extensions for Blender there is. It's so close to working...Corona is SO good, that even a professional renderer who I know personally that charges high prices to architecture firms uses it and switched from V-Ray. It's blazing fast and I'm sorry but Cycles is usually painfully slow, grainy for most cases, and is the main reason that I keep getting away from Blender. Blender itself is great, but without people developing dependable stuff like this, it won't work for me. Corona is a very special rendering engine. I really hope we can help to further this.

The extension is no longer usable to me, as I also get errors every time I upload any texture of any kind. It says it can't find the texture.
« Last Edit: 2018-04-20, 19:48:02 by spenrobert »

2018-04-20, 19:57:47
Reply #38

spenrobert

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I would also definitely send them a quick email simply asking for a license to support your development. It makes sense for them to provide this because it opens a whole new platform for them. I really hope we're able to get you back on board!

2018-04-21, 16:12:52
Reply #39

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
I didnt know this was an issue, I reached out to blanchg to set him up with a license
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2018-04-21, 16:44:45
Reply #40

blanchg

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks Ondra! Your support for the blender exporter is outstanding.

2018-04-21, 21:35:07
Reply #41

melviso

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Portfoilo
Thanks Ondra. Happy to know Blanchg can now continue with Corona development for Blender.

@blanchg  If you are using a Mac, will development be possible for Windows version? :- )

2018-04-21, 23:05:39
Reply #42

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yes, thank you very much Ondra, for continuous support & motivation :)

2018-04-24, 01:57:48
Reply #43

spenrobert

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Sorry to sound like a broken record, but thanks from me too! Thanks for supporting further development of this great plugin so that we can continue to use the amazing Corona renderer :) Let us know how we can help further, as I'm sure the whole Blender community would be highly interested in this.

2018-04-24, 07:12:27
Reply #44

monkriss

• Active Users
    • View Profile
From my side too, if you set up a patreon or something I'm sure I could contribute. As above, Corona is incredible and I love what you've done with Corona and Blender! thanks :)))