Chaos Corona for 3ds Max > [Max] Daily Builds

New displacement feedback

<< < (7/7)

romullus:
I was asking about smoothing, not faceted noise bug, but if you say it's working fine i latest  build, then i'll wait for it to become available for us mortals :]

Ludvik Koutny:
Yep, smoothing worked, but i tested it like a week ago, something may have changed since then. I will ask Orbin tomorrow.

dubcat:
I began making the SSS shader for Corona today, it's easier to see the displacement now. I can push it down to 3px before my computer freeze.
The SSS shader is still very rough, but it's good enough for displacement previewing.

romullus:
There's clearly visible polygon edges in your Corona render (ear, chin). Can you render with grey material to see if it's made by displacement or by SSS?

dubcat:

--- Quote from: romullus on 2015-07-23, 09:46:43 ---There's clearly visible polygon edges in your Corona render (ear, chin). Can you render with grey material to see if it's made by displacement or by SSS?

--- End quote ---
That's from the SSS, it's only 2 passes. Here is the SSS element. It's gone in my latest version.
It's very time consuming to make these "hollywood" skin shaders in Corona right now. I have to render all the different Elements separate and (Add) them together in Photoshop 32bit. Would be great if we could get a Shellac/additive blend mode. But this is kinda off topic ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version