Chaos Corona for 3ds Max > [Archive] Alpha Builds

Alpha v7.1 hotfix released

<< < (3/6) > >>

tomislavn:

--- Quote from: arcvs on 2014-09-18, 09:37:04 ---Quick question: AMD FX supports AVX, right? But everyone claims that Corona is slower on AMD's, so...

is Corona useless if you dont' have i7?

--- End quote ---

Corona is not useless on AMD, meaning it should work normally, but considering that AMD processors are way slower then i7, you are going to experience almost 50% slower render speed on them.

CiroC:
I work with both and at least for me, AMD doesn't seem being so slow.

maru:

--- Quote from: tomislavn on 2014-09-18, 09:46:47 ---
--- Quote from: arcvs on 2014-09-18, 09:37:04 ---Quick question: AMD FX supports AVX, right? But everyone claims that Corona is slower on AMD's, so...

is Corona useless if you dont' have i7?

--- End quote ---

Corona is not useless on AMD, meaning it should work normally, but considering that AMD processors are way slower then i7, you are going to experience almost 50% slower render speed on them.

--- End quote ---
AMDs don't support Embree (I think so).

tomislavn:

--- Quote from: Cyrus3v on 2014-09-18, 10:38:53 ---I work with both and at least for me, AMD doesn't seem being so slow.

--- End quote ---

Well, if you directly compare it through benchmark scene, you will see that even AMD's top 8core processors cannot compete with i7's that are like 5 years old. And maru, yeah, AMD also doesn't support Embree afaik.

All in all, you can still work normally with (new) AMD processors, just that it won't be as fast as Intel for the moment being.

EDIT: Removed false Embree claim, apologies. Thank you for the info Keymaster.

Ondra:
embree does support AMD. It is just generally slower because the CPU is slower.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version