Chaos Corona for 3ds Max > [Max] Daily Builds

Chaos Licensing Feedback/Help

<< < (4/31) > >>

rowmanns:

--- Quote from: needsomenice on 2022-02-10, 09:06:48 ---Hi,
"No licenses available"
i don't know how solve.

--- End quote ---
Please PM me your regisitered email and I will investigate.

Thanks,

Rowan

Rhodesy:
How will this new license system work for those of us who split work between office and home? We are a company of two and both work in an office and also at our homes. We don’t have any vpn to connect back to the office, just dropbox as a file sharer. Please say this shouldn’t be a problem and we can just run a local ‘server’ on each machine with a company login. The previous system was great for flexible working.

Thanks

TomG:
Yes you can just use the same sign in on as many machines as you like - of course, if you have one license, although you can sign in on as many machines as you like, you can only use it on one machine at a time (see the blog post https://blog.corona-renderer.com/corona-in-2022-new-features-visuals-licensing-and-more/ that has many examples)

Rhodesy:
Thanks Tom, that's good news. So if I have it right, regardless of location we should be able to sign in OK and not need to worry about connecting to a machine in our office for example to run corona. Each machine can independantly connect to the chaos license server in the cloud? I think I also read before that the licenses are now DCC app agnostic now, so we dont need to have a separate one for our one C4D license we still maintain? And we can keep our rendernodes. Sounds great!

TomG:
To clarify, you will still need to own a Corona for 3ds Max license and a Corona for Cinema 4D license, for the GUI part of the license (to be able to see and control Corona in the app). As it happens though, the associated rendering part of the license should not be tied to one or the other, so by owning one Corona for C4D and one Corona for 3ds Max, you should be able to use either version to render on two machines at once (so long as no other machines are using the rendering part of those licenses).

Correct on a machine being able to connect directly (so long as the Chaos Licensing Server is installed of course) and check the status of the licenses, so you won't need to VPN in to the office or anything. Of course if you left the office machine rendering, then when the home machine connects, it will find the license is in use already :)

And correct, so long as existing subscriptions are kept renewing, the same render nodes and pricing is kept.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version