Chaos Corona for 3ds Max > [Max] Daily Builds

01.2022 compositing issues

(1/9) > >>

user116:
Hi. Can you please fix this ? This just does not look right.
Needles are opacity cards. When you render them agains bright background they just dissolve and thus the trees lack any volume. It does not matter if the background is HDRI or Corona Sky, does not matter how high you set up Hihlight compression, if you set up Highlight clamping or not.

lupaz:
Actually I was curious about the same thing. Alpha channels come with a black (or whatever background there is) contour. Can the alpha take alpha as transparent as opposed to the background while rendering?

user116:
Yes, the difference is obvious and brutal. Better example where the trees do not overlap - impossible to build any volume with single tree which is somewhat dense in itself. Bright background, dark override, and composited image saved with alpha channel and background added in post.
Pretty please address this guys. Thank you

LorenzoS:
maybe the "issue"  is related to this?
https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=35426.0

Yuriy Bochkaryov:

--- Quote ---Hi. Can you please fix this ? This just does not look right.
Needles are opacity cards. When you render them agains bright background they just dissolve and thus the trees lack any volume. It does not matter if the background is HDRI or Corona Sky, does not matter how high you set up Hihlight compression, if you set up Highlight clamping or not.
--- End quote ---
I also wrote about this problem, but no one answered me
everyone is silent

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version