Chaos Corona for 3ds Max > [Max] Daily Builds

CoronaDecals playground!

<< < (19/21) > >>

romullus:

--- Quote from: fabio81 on 2022-08-25, 16:07:03 ---Perfect!

even with Ambient occlusion!
only the way to pierce the glass would be missing but you would see the wall ..

--- End quote ---

I think it's solvable with some DIY hacks. For example you could use OSL with parallax mapping to have illusion of depth. Not sure if that's available in C4D though.

romullus:
Feature request - an option to limit decals on user defined material IDs would be nice to have.

shortcirkuit:
hi devs - can you use a decal and bend it on a curved surface?  ie dirt map on a pot plant?  Theres a fucntion for vray but not for corona

TomG:

--- Quote from: shortcirkuit on 2023-02-27, 01:39:35 ---hi devs - can you use a decal and bend it on a curved surface?  ie dirt map on a pot plant?  Theres a fucntion for vray but not for corona

--- End quote ---

Not possible in current versions - this was a new addition to V-Ray in the last hotfix, and is not something added in Corona, at least not yet.

brr:
Hello Corona devs and Corona users,

I think it would be great to have more control over plugged textures via CoronaMultiMap with CoronaDecal.
Why?

For example, right now I have a project where I need to brand 10 different objects which have different sizes. Decal texture and its pattern scale stays the same – it looks like barricade tape (red/white) and it differs only by length.
So in such case it has no sense to prepare a set of different textures only because the length differs, it has sense to use one tiled part.
It also has sense to control the object properties with one shader.

Because Decal element has no tiling option build in (and I can not apply UVW mapping on it), I decided to create such construction:

Texture 1,2,3,4,5 (with different tiling option) -> CoronaMultiMap -> CoronaMaterial. And wanted to define the specific texture via ObjectGBuffer ID, which works perfect with classic polygons, but does not work with Decals. Material modifier also does not work in this case.

Please, look at my attachment image.

It would be great in the future to be able to control the texture through Decal G-Buffer ID.

I would also be very grateful if you tell me if there are any workarounds for now...

Best regards.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version