Chaos Corona for 3ds Max > [Max] Daily Builds

Caustics playground!

<< < (2/32) > >>

snakebox:
So much need for this! love it!  15min's at 2500px wide, no denoise on a shitty 4core i7.  (looks like the image size was lowered through something, could have been FB where it was posted before I remembered this thread. anyway it's looking really promising!

lit with a single hdri.

snakebox:
I don't know or really think it has to do with the new caustics per say, but it's very clear that using an hdri with a more complex glass object, generates some nasty fireflies, made super obvious here with dispersion as they are all coloured.

I am running denoise "remove fireflies" on 1.0 in this test.  Is there any way around this?

aaouviz:
Super exciting news guys! Well done.

I did a very quick test, see attached. I'm getting a sort of double shadow (one shadow, in the correct place according to the location of the sun, and the offset caustics). Is this normal, physically behaviour?

Seems kinda wrong to me. Am I missing something?

Ondra:

--- Quote from: aaouviz on 2019-04-24, 07:32:29 ---Super exciting news guys! Well done.

I did a very quick test, see attached. I'm getting a sort of double shadow (one shadow, in the correct place according to the location of the sun, and the offset caustics). Is this normal, physically behaviour?

Seems kinda wrong to me. Am I missing something?

--- End quote ---
yes, it is normal, since the geometry setup is unphysical. It will look better if you model it properly

maru:

--- Quote from: aaouviz on 2019-04-24, 07:32:29 ---Seems kinda wrong to me. Am I missing something?

--- End quote ---
If you would like the caustics to perfectly overlap with the shadow, you would have to set IOR of that material to 1.0. ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version