Author Topic: Two Additions to the camera modifier  (Read 2298 times)

2014-12-27, 21:43:29

3DsChobo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Working with multiple cameras in a scene can be somewhat tiresome if you can't manage important settings on a per camera basis.
The corona camera modifier does a good job at defining exposure this way but it could be improved :).

First of all: Defining the exposure via shutter speed and iso etc is admittedly much more professional but in most cases I would just testrender a frame and use the VFB  exposure spinner until I am satisfied with the result. Now I would like to transfer that value to my Camera without doing the math and another testrender to confirm my math was right, preferably by the click of a button or the opportunity to enter the exact same value to my camera modifier.

Secondly: Though the DOF in corona is pretty cheap when it comes to rendertime, I very much prefer to add DOF in post for it often saves me a lot of trouble.
Now that requires me to set the camera range in the Z-depth pass per camera which is not possible at the moment.

I am sure there are more useful settings that one could attach to a camera directly instead to a global render variable but these are the ones I would definitely need.

2014-12-28, 11:36:46
Reply #1

kahein

• Active Users
    • View Profile
+1
Asus Z10PE-D16 WS / Dual Xeon E5-2690 v4 @ 2.60GHz / RAM 64 Go - GTX 970
Win 10 / Max 2017 / Corona 1.4

2015-01-05, 10:52:10
Reply #2

Phasma

• Active Users
    • View Profile

2015-01-22, 20:35:38
Reply #3

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
both is/will be possible in 1.0 after some cam mod tweaks
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)