Author Topic: Team Rendering cpu thread limitation possible?  (Read 829 times)

2023-02-16, 12:17:08

tuami

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello we are using corona renderer on multiple machines and nodes. We would like to reduce cpu usage when team rendering on one machine. This can be done via the settings, but this only works for the local machine and not for rendering via the team renderer. I just saw that in the latest daily build the settings can be made directly via corona, but after a test this still does not work. is it possible to somehow set this so that a node gives less power, so that this machine has additional power for simultaneous work?

thank you
tuami

2023-02-23, 13:41:54
Reply #1

Nejc Kilar

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My personal website
Howdy!

You can't do that from the local machine unfortunately (please post a feature request in the appropriate forum for it) but what you can do is open up the Team Render client on the individual nodes and in there you can set your thread override pretty much the same way you would on your local machine.

Hope that helps!
Nejc Kilar | chaos-corona.com
Educational Content Creator | contact us

2023-08-07, 13:50:35
Reply #2

Nejc Kilar

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My personal website
Howdy!

Just in case you're still running into this one, there is a workaround you can use.

You can use a string command on the TR clients, e.g. use "int system.numThreads = 15" to set maximally 15 logical cores to be used by TR clients or int system.numThreads = -1, to use max number of logical cores minus one.

Hope that helps!
Nejc Kilar | chaos-corona.com
Educational Content Creator | contact us