Author Topic: Preserve unique Unwraped uvs when attached  (Read 793 times)

2022-01-31, 16:38:34

arqrenderz

• Active Users
  • https://www.behance.net/Arqrenderz1
    • View Profile
    • arqrenderz
Hi, I have a question regarding various objects that need to be combined preserving their unique unwraps for a webgl app, I have a couple of models like cars that need to be attached to BAKE on a Bake to Texture option, but these objects share the same space on their texture, so How can i attach them on a single one and not mess the unwraps they have ? We bought these models that comes on low poly with their own texture.,

Please Help!

2022-01-31, 16:43:13
Reply #1

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Just move UV coordinates of one of the object by exactly one unit in any direction and UVs will no longer overlap. You can do this with UVW Unwrap, or with UVW Xform modifiers.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2022-01-31, 17:18:32
Reply #2

arqrenderz

• Active Users
  • https://www.behance.net/Arqrenderz1
    • View Profile
    • arqrenderz
Hi Romullus and thx for answering, i moved the uvs but the bake to texture keeps messing it.

2022-01-31, 20:01:53
Reply #3

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Did you try to bake some simple model with all its UVs fitting in 0-1 space? I think Corona is not very robust tool when you need to bake something, so it might be that UVs are not the main issue here. On the other hand, what exactly maps do you need to bake? If you don't need Corona specific maps, then it might be good idea to look at other options for your bakes.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures