Author Topic: Max 2020 Freezes with 'Copy' button in VFB  (Read 2356 times)

2019-11-22, 19:39:16

danio1011

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I quite frequently have Max 2020 freeze when using IPR and hitting 'Copy' in the VFB.  Is this a known issue?  If not I can try to track down a minidump, etc.  Not sure if one is being generated though, I just get the spinning wheel, it doesn't actually 'crash.'

Running Windows 10, Max 2020 and Corona 5 stable.

Thanks,
Daniel

2019-11-22, 19:50:54
Reply #1

iancamarillo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
how big is the image? i occasionally have to wait several seconds (10+sec) when copying the beauty pass to the clipboard. does max recover eventually for you?

2019-11-25, 13:00:06
Reply #2

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
Hi,

Is bloom and glare being calculated when you are copying the image from the VFB?

If so can you try to disable bloom and glare and then copy the image? It can happen that at high resolutions bloom and glare can take quite a long time to calculate, thus giving the appearance that max has frozen while copying from the VFB.

Secondly a minidump would be very helpful, instructions on how to generate minidumps from freezes can be found in my signiture.

Thanks,

Rowan
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2019-12-03, 01:49:05
Reply #3

danio1011

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello - Thanks for the responses.  The images are just your typical 1k IPR type images, so nothing beastly.  I've waited up to 10 minutes before so it's definitely not that.  I don't know if Bloom and Glare is being calculated but I'll watch for that and definitely send a minidump next time it happens.

Thanks!
Daniel