Author Topic: Oldies re-done; Finnish apartment  (Read 4665 times)

2013-06-20, 15:24:09

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Since my computers have some free time over nights, I experiment with re-rendering some scenes with new shots in Corona. Shots with rendered DOF is something I avoided, but I think that is past now ;- ) Here, something to start with, PT16+HD1024, rendered in 4k. Like always, very enjoyable experience, I specially like how glass turned out, with the quite numerous refraction inside solid parts !

published on my blog too https://www.facebook.com/jurajtalcik.visualizations we'll see how many people will bite the bullet :- )
« Last Edit: 2013-06-21, 16:30:05 by Juraj_Talcik »
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2013-06-20, 15:59:16
Reply #1

arqrenderz

• Active Users
  • https://www.behance.net/Arqrenderz1
    • View Profile
    • arqrenderz
Can you tell us your render times?
another hing is about the glass, is there any specific material or setting used here or just converted galss from vray with the script?

Also dont know if this is the place but is there a specific way to use hdri? (im putting it on an hdri dome to control the rotation and instancing to the enviroment on max)

Great images as always
(just a little bad uv map on the second chair )
Does the dof increase render time on corona? how much?

2013-06-20, 16:03:24
Reply #2

arqrenderz

• Active Users
  • https://www.behance.net/Arqrenderz1
    • View Profile
    • arqrenderz
just another thing, just to get things in perspective, how much time does it take on that machine to run the corona benchmark?

2013-06-20, 16:09:56
Reply #3

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Hi Daniel,

yes, uvw laziness :- ) I have the HDRi inside VrayHDRi map, for comfortable rotating, then put inside Max Environment slot.

Ah the glass is simple convert, although it's really the same only refraction is set to Solid in objects, and Hybrid in Windows (I have thick glass in windows, double paned).
It's pure black diffuse, full refraction, full reflection (1.6 IOR).
The DOF seem to not add to render times at all, but does introduce noise that gets cleared by AA, so I've seen the advice to lower PT samples in DOF renders to speed up this.
I render over-nights, so I am not sure when it is acceptabily clear :- )

This is 3930k, not clocked, haven't run the benchmark, so you have to check the thread, there are many with same processor, and same result (5 mil rays/s) and 4 minutes ? Not sure from head.
« Last Edit: 2013-06-20, 16:12:46 by Juraj_Talcik »
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!