Author Topic: The Voodoo Priest  (Read 1099 times)

2022-10-31, 11:42:28

Helldoor

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Helldoor Visual Studio
Voodoo Priest, 1937
Hey there folks,

long time no see, hope you're doing fine.
Today I want to share with you this beauty - the 1937 Lincoln Zephyr Voodoo Priest, heavily inspired by a custom restyle, owned by Metallica's James Hetfield.

I'm neither into automotive rendering, nor much into cars in general, but I enjoy experimenting and this specific vehicle just melts my soul. I bought the model around two years ago and always planned to put it in a ZZ-Top-ian (ZZ-Top-esque?) surrounding, but never goto around to do that.
So, now I used the built-from-scratch surroundings of one of my latest projects as a stage to show this wonderful piece of art on wheels in its glory.
Enjoy (even better if you put this sound on)!

Wish you well
Teo
💀

Car Model by: strictdes on 3DSKY
Everything else by: me

2022-10-31, 12:26:14
Reply #1

yagi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
your car paint is really good. is this the default car paint shader in the corona material library?

2022-10-31, 12:29:30
Reply #2

Helldoor

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Helldoor Visual Studio
Yes, it's the one with the flakes. I just tweaked it a bit here and there to get the colour and overall optic I was after.

2022-11-07, 18:48:58
Reply #3

nac23

• Active Users
    • View Profile
yes the paint color is beautiful as the car.  Some nights shots would look amazing.

2022-11-07, 19:53:52
Reply #4

aaouviz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Another Angle 3D
Dude, once again outstanding work.

I can now identify you just by your work. Don't quite know how to put my finger on it but your images have a certain uniquely-Helldoor quality to them. A sharpness, a great balance in lighting.

Well done :)
Nicolas Pratt
Another Angle 3D
https://www.instagram.com/anotherangle3d/

2022-11-07, 21:10:04
Reply #5

Helldoor

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Helldoor Visual Studio
yes the paint color is beautiful as the car.  Some nights shots would look amazing.

I can imagine, too. Maybe the next time I set a scene around this beauty.

Dude, once again outstanding work.

I can now identify you just by your work. Don't quite know how to put my finger on it but your images have a certain uniquely-Helldoor quality to them. A sharpness, a great balance in lighting.

Well done :)

This is such an awesome feedback - I cannot thank you enough for it! It really means a ton to me!
Big up to you, man!