Author Topic: Rendering Price Calculator  (Read 3053 times)

2021-03-29, 13:57:47

Kost4d

• Active Users
  • Working and Learning Hard
    • View Profile
    • Behance Portfolio
Hello, people!
It has been a while I've posted here, but the life is so different and so compticated always!
I hope you are all doing well and productive!

Last week I created and implemented some rendering price calculator for my website. Actually I copied the conception from another related to 3d visualization website, but now I cant find from which one :(

Animation looks a little overestimated now, but keeping in mind that we usually rendering animation on the render farm it may be ok.

So, here is my Rendering Calculator for testing. Any comments are valuable!

https://www.viz4d.biz//price-calculator

2021-03-29, 14:44:20
Reply #1

aaouviz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Another Angle 3D
My comment: multiple those prices by about 5 times.

That's beneficial to you and everyone else in the community.
Nicolas Pratt
Another Angle 3D
https://www.instagram.com/anotherangle3d/

2021-03-29, 15:21:46
Reply #2

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
x5 - True, you seem to be shooting yourself in the foot.
Also note, it's always easier to lower prices  then to raise them after. And, consequently clients are happy :)

If you're in doubt, think or get practical experience: You're on to start a marathon. So take two months to make 5 different Large Interiors rendering only 1 or 2 small images per each (which can easily get enlarged w/ help of machine learning).

Will you profit? Stay healthy? How much will you earn? Are you satisfied with prediction?

Know, many clients only think "cheap", can and will happily exploit your 'loophole'.

2021-03-29, 15:49:00
Reply #3

Kost4d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Behance Portfolio
Thank you!

At first I though it was a joke about rising 5 times... coz for local market... you know how do they think: "Hell! $300 for the image! no way!"

I will review the prices tonight!

2021-03-29, 15:52:30
Reply #4

Kost4d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Behance Portfolio
Now I have very hard times to get the clients, I don't know why? Is this the quality? The market? The competition (but we have competition everywhere)? The market structure?
« Last Edit: 2021-03-29, 16:27:11 by Kost4d »

2021-03-29, 17:01:36
Reply #5

aaouviz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Another Angle 3D
Now I have very hard times to get the clients, I don't know why? Is this the quality? The market? The competition (but we have competition everywhere)? The market structure?

I can't answer this question directly unfortunately. (Though I do think that yes, in Ukraine, you have a lot of competition - many many good renderers seem to come from Ukraine)

However, if I can offer a little bit of advice: your website is a bit of a mess. Professionalism is key in any industry and you're marketing yourself primarily with your work and your website, the latter of which isn't doing you any favors. Clean it up, present yourself a bit more professionally :)
Nicolas Pratt
Another Angle 3D
https://www.instagram.com/anotherangle3d/

2021-03-29, 17:17:27
Reply #6

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
... and note to self ;)

Practice, patience, perseverance, discipline... zen.

Everything is combination of politics, lobbying, getting connections, bribery, corruption, exposure, recognition, branding, propaganda... Quality sure helps and matters most to real experts. But main thing IME is to never limit yourself within a single idea or mono-culture ;) There's never a clear border. As you have chosen, you are, or strive to be 'visual artist' consequently becoming master of "light and expressing matter" which by itself encompasses 98% of spectacle 'seen' as human life.

First, start relieving yourself of fear, angst, pain. Wake up and eat good.
Don't show your weaknesses (yes, work on your quality). Use words scarcely. Communicate with imagery.
Tend to stand your ground. Be character. Think critically, argue reasonably.
Complement with compliments.
Stay  humble letting others enjoy your presence as you enjoy theirs.
Don't be scarred to make mistakes as experiences gained will make you less prone to new ones.
Finally, perfection comes when one is ready to let it go. Wabi-sabi.
Rinse, repeat... stay organized, ready and sleep well.

In practice do, as Odd Visionary states: "Always use reference."
Know, behind everyone there's loved one. It's why we can stand balanced on shoulders of giants.

2021-03-29, 17:42:33
Reply #7

Kost4d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Behance Portfolio
... and note to self ;)

Practice, patience, perseverance, discipline... zen.

Everything is combination of politics, lobbying, getting connections, bribery, corruption, exposure, recognition, branding, propaganda... Quality sure helps and matters most to real experts. But main thing IME is to never limit yourself within a single idea or mono-culture ;) There's never a clear border. As you have chosen, you are, or strive to be 'visual artist' consequently becoming master of "light and expressing matter" which by itself encompasses 98% of spectacle 'seen' as human life.

First, start relieving yourself of fear, angst, pain. Wake up and eat good.
Don't show your weaknesses (yes, work on your quality). Use words scarcely. Communicate with imagery.
Tend to stand your ground. Be character. Think critically, argue reasonably.
Complement with compliments.
Stay  humble letting others enjoy your presence as you enjoy theirs.
Don't be scarred to make mistakes as experiences gained will make you less prone to new ones.
Finally, perfection comes when one is ready to let it go. Wabi-sabi.
Rinse, repeat... stay organized, ready and sleep well.

In practice do, as Odd Visionary states: "Always use reference."
Know, behind everyone there's loved one. It's why we can stand balanced on shoulders of giants.

Thank you!

2021-03-29, 17:48:55
Reply #8

Kost4d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Behance Portfolio

I can't answer this question directly unfortunately. (Though I do think that yes, in Ukraine, you have a lot of competition - many many good renderers seem to come from Ukraine)

However, if I can offer a little bit of advice: your website is a bit of a mess. Professionalism is key in any industry and you're marketing yourself primarily with your work and your website, the latter of which isn't doing you any favors. Clean it up, present yourself a bit more professionally :)

Thank you!
Do you mean I should make it more simple?