Author Topic: Mid Century Modern 3D virtual tour  (Read 2978 times)

2020-11-08, 17:43:37

jamesdowling

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Atmos Visuals
Hi Everyone,

I have been working on a proof of concept to offer an interactive walk through of a 3D space
as an alternative to long walk through animations that client typically ask for
(which I hate). I have used Layama to put it together which I think came out well.

Theres also some stills to go along with it for my social media.

Link below to view the walkthrough
https://atmos360.co.uk/MCM/index.html

Thanks!

https://www.atmosvisuals.com/
https://www.instagram.com/atmos_visuals/

2020-11-10, 09:56:56
Reply #1

jms.lwly

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • jms.lwly studio
As always James, these are outstanding. 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

2020-11-10, 10:44:24
Reply #2

Philip kelly

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Sketchrender
Beautiful.
Can I ask the set up.
What rez were these rendered at, and how many did you have to render to get the full walk around.
I am in the same situation with a client , trying not to do an animation as they are so restrictive to the purpose of the design.
This is a much nicer way to view a property.

Thank you

Phil
Dell Precision T7910

2020-11-10, 13:16:04
Reply #3

jamesdowling

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Atmos Visuals
As always James, these are outstanding. 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼
Thank you, much appreciated!

Thanks Philip! I'm using motiva layama to deal with the walk through part, I'm really impressed with how straight forward it was and its just a one off payment. It sorts out all the render settings in Max as well. The end resolution is 12,000x2048 and I ended up doing 16 renders for the space, although think I could of got away with doing less.

2020-11-10, 21:19:43
Reply #4

cjwidd

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Artstation
Honestly the modeling here is really nice and the chair in the second image is very pretty. +1

The stucco material that features prominently in these images, where does it come from?

Also, of course, what is the lighting scenario?

2020-11-11, 12:00:23
Reply #5

Curtis Walker

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Abstract Canvas
Great job! the tour is very effective. I toyed with the idea of using Layama but haven't had the right project to use it on. Have one in the works though that I think could be ideal so will maybe do it for that.
I love Animation, VR and tech etc, but I'll always be a sucker for beautiful still images, which you have many! Thanks for sharing.

2020-11-11, 18:34:14
Reply #6

jamesdowling

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Atmos Visuals
Honestly the modeling here is really nice and the chair in the second image is very pretty. +1

The stucco material that features prominently in these images, where does it come from?

Also, of course, what is the lighting scenario?

Thanks! The material is just a composite of a few wall textures I have (diffuse) and a bump and displacement. The lighting is super simple and is just a corona sun and sky, that is my go to for any day shots. I like that you have a bit more control over the sun direct compared to a hdri.

Great job! the tour is very effective. I toyed with the idea of using Layama but haven't had the right project to use it on. Have one in the works though that I think could be ideal so will maybe do it for that.
I love Animation, VR and tech etc, but I'll always be a sucker for beautiful still images, which you have many! Thanks for sharing.
Thank you! I had been wanting to try out a walkthrough for a while but I felt the click and jump movement you typically get is a bit jarring. I'm really impressed with Layama so would highly recommend it, the only downside is you cant add any interactivity to it such as viewing videos or being able to click through to a link that some clients might want.