Author Topic: R.G.B wip  (Read 6208 times)

2019-03-03, 17:11:32

jamesdowling

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Atmos Visuals
Hi!

I thought I would share some work in progress stuff for a new personal project I have been thinking about, I have a bit of spare time between client work so its time to start it and hopefully posting here will keep the motivation up a bit so I finish it!

The idea is to have 3 connected rooms each using either red, green or blue for the interior colour. originally I wanted to do a rainbow but I realised it was a bit too much work to come up with 7 rooms with different styles.

I'm going to start with the blue room. I wanted this one to be grand, the curtains where made using marvelous designer and for the chandelier I ended up using railclone as it was the easiest way to distribute the gems (I have thinned out the density of them since these renders).

2019-03-04, 11:29:02
Reply #1

jamesdowling

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Atmos Visuals
Completed modelling the sofa's (designed by vladimir kagen, circa 1950). I will probably tweak the textures a bit once they are placed in the room but for now it is looking ok.

2019-03-07, 13:39:13
Reply #2

jamesdowling

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Atmos Visuals
The first room is pretty much there now...I'm sure once I have finished the other two rooms and came back to this I will tweak parts again.

Below are the 3 cameras I have chose in clay render form. In general I just use a corona sun and sky light now, Its nice to have a bit more control over the light direction compared to HDRI's.

2019-03-07, 14:05:29
Reply #3

jamesdowling

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Atmos Visuals
Texture and lighting test.

So far I'm pretty happy with the results, I have managed to not use LUT and tone mapping so far so that's always a good sign.

The reflection glare on the door is too much and distracting so I will calm that down a bit and some of the bump maps are too strong in the high res test (mainly door grain and painting) so that needs to be addressed. Everything always looks good until you do a 5k render :D

2019-03-14, 18:47:12
Reply #4

jamesdowling

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Atmos Visuals
I have been working on the second room as the 1st one is done now.
I wanted this to be full of planting and I thought it would be a good opportunity to finally learn growfx without a deadline pressure (bit late to the game with that one!).
So far I have only done some basic vines and fern templates but I'm super impressed! It's great to be able to have the planting interact with walls etc.

2019-03-15, 18:31:29
Reply #5

jamesdowling

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Atmos Visuals
Today I have been trying to make a big Monstera using Growfx which has been a bit of a learning curve!

I cant seem to work out if there is a way to stop collisions between instanced geometry (mesh builders) at the moment the leaves are going through everything/each other, if anyone knows of a way that would be amazing! If not then I guess I can manually move them when I'm happy with the shape.

It's still a WIP so any comments are more than welcome.

2019-04-04, 13:23:24
Reply #6

jamesdowling

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Atmos Visuals
Another update for the green room.

I think it's pretty much there now, the planting is a mix of things I have created and some models that I have bought  to save a bit of time (plus they where really good!). Everything else in the room was modelled by me using Max, Marvelous Designer, GrowFx.

Because the rooms are all going to be connected I had to keep the external lighting the same as the blue room which added a bit more difficulty especially as I'm not using LUT'S, I think I have finally cracked it though.

Below are clay renders of the 3 views.

2019-04-12, 18:51:22
Reply #7

jamesdowling

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Atmos Visuals
Finished off all the rooms now, below is the Red room clay renders. Everything is textured and rendered now so I will just do a bit of post and maybe render out a few more shots of all the rooms together.

2019-04-12, 19:25:18
Reply #8

jamesdowling

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Atmos Visuals
Preview of the final renders with a bit of post.

2019-04-12, 20:09:55
Reply #9

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Beautiful stuff, and love the red/green/blue idea!

Not sure about the fire in a room, but you have plants in place to take care of the CO2 ;)

2019-04-12, 20:13:28
Reply #10

jamesdowling

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Atmos Visuals
Thanks pokoy! Hopefully they can manage the co2!

All the room are connected through the doors as well so there will be a few more shots looking through so you will see all the colours together.

2019-04-12, 20:20:38
Reply #11

Noah45

• Active Users
  • press *1
    • View Profile
You TRI-ed and succeeded to primarily  achieve art.
Retail Illustrator  (for ever' 80's )
3DMax 2020/Corona Version: 6DB

2019-04-12, 20:29:54
Reply #12

jamesdowling

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Atmos Visuals
"You TRI-ed and succeeded to primarily achieve art" AMAZING, thank you!

2019-04-16, 12:32:53
Reply #13

jamesdowling

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Atmos Visuals
I have posted the final images on the Gallery forum now.
Like below and thanks for the comments!
https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=24462.0